Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New purchases: 1830 bust half and 1855 seated liberty half

PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to share, too bad the bust half is not the large letter variety, regardless I like them both.
I have a few bust half’s and seated liberty half’s and now I am worried I will start collecting these too.

Comments

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seated Liberty Halves are easy to get addicted to, I've been picking up a few here and there for a few years. I may casually try for an 1839-1876 date set, G -VF or so. Here's a few..

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful ... both of those can be wonderfully addicting!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice acquisitions... and it would appear you are already hooked.... Good luck with your set. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks hooked to me. How could you turn down such a wonderful addiction.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great score Jim👍👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ppp said: Just wanted to share, too bad the bust half is not the large letter variety, regardless I like them both.
    I have a few bust half’s and seated liberty half’s and now I am worried I will start collecting these too.

Don't worry, be happy and collect more. Nice coins!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file