Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Box question

keojkeoj Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭

I have a very large number of PCGS storage boxes. Before I turn to ebay, can I ship these back to PCGS and will they credit me anything? I recall many years ago they did that but not sure if they still have that process.

Thanks,

Keoj

Comments

  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @keoj try the BST it seems some people collect these. Certain colors etc. I dont have a single box, but if price was reasonable I may get a couple.

    Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @gumby1234 said:
    @keoj try the BST it seems some people collect these. Certain colors etc. I dont have a single box, but if price was reasonable I may get a couple.

    I doubt that PCGS wants to buy back their boxes, but the BST sounds like a good place to sell them as has been suggested.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    Jim703Jim703 Posts: 23 ✭✭

    Good idea. I checked ebay and there is a market for these. I'm in a similar situation... more coin related items that I don't need anymore but just can't bring myself toss out!

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Some years back I got a bunch of those boxes... someone was selling a group of green ones. They do come up for sale occasionally... new or rare colors will be expensive though. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There is a market out there for these boxes.
    As suggested, put them up on BST.
    I do not collect them but use a lot of them for their designed purpose, Storage.
    Wayne

    Kennedys are my quest...

  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think it was the old labels from crack outs that they used to buy back.

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I use them for misc. hardware on my work bench - they stack nicely.

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I might buy some depends on the color or rarity.

  • This content has been removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file