Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

'90-D FB dime. Value?

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thing is a solid MS65 with lots of eye appeal from new dies but has significant marking. It is fairly typical for a mint set '90-D dime but a little less marked (60th %ile?).

I do have some expert advice on value but would like to have more input if anyone has an opinion.

I looked through a lot of '90 mint sets and there were very very few that were even close to having FB. This was one of the last ones and has nice strong bands. Sorry I have no picture. My understanding is a coin like this is primarily of interest to registry set collectors so this seems a good place to ask.

Any input appreciated.

Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Hard to say but if you can get it certified as such, probably at least 450, of its a 65+ , maybe at least 600. That said, like any scarcer coin, depending on whos bidding , could do much better. All said, just my opinion.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure of the census of a coin like this. As I am sure you are aware, there are certain years that are very tough in FB in the clad series.

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2021 11:30AM

All I see in CoinFacts is an MS67 with a guide value price over $2,000. Jamie says to put full band pieces aside. Not enough market info. At the end of the day, price is dictated by supply and demand. Not enough information on the supply side although hardly anyone is considering submission it looks like. Demand? how many clad dime collectors are there? how many reference materials including clad full torch lines dimes are there? and ultimately, how many collectors are clamoring for the few FB 1990-P dimes out there whether sets or types? Liquidity collection, for instance, #1 FB dimes '46-present, does not have a FB for the 1990-P. It would seem worthy to attempt a PCGS submission if it truly is FB.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

90-P 67fb , we are talking moon money