Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How much is the fields of this coin going to impact its grade?

Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize this is a world coin, but I know that a lot more people frequent this forum. The little scratches, nicks, etc that you see on the coin, how would they impact its ultimate grade? Based on what you see, what grade would you give it?

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS64 for the obverse, as a SWAG. Need to see the reverse.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2021 10:40AM

I don't know the series or the particulars of what these look like in pristine state, but the image makes the luster look mostly lacking, and the rim and parts of the design appear to have high point rub ... so, low to mid AU is my guess.

Also, based on that take, the marks in question shouldn't impact the grade.

Interesting coin. I like the desgn.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a nice coin. Agree that the high spots have wear but not bad. AU is my guess

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

There appears to be west on the high points of the lion, as well as throughout the fields. Looks AU to me, though one side is missing…

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im at au too.Looks like a shooting taler 1859.Other coins may have that reverse

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please consider posting both sides of the coin so your question can receive full consideration

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightly circulated, lack of luster and wear marks.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say mid AU... depending on the other side of the coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU that doesn’t belong here.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:

But who can resist a great picture of a great looking coin, even if it is darkside?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@Smudge said:

You are correct! As I stated as well, except there isn’t much action in the world coin forum and if I wanted quick replies this is where one has to come. Thank you for your grade.

• Options

For those that want to see the other side, here you go! For those that think it doesn’t belong here, pretend you don’t see it and move along!

• Options

AU55

Young Numismatist

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks cleaned and retoned. AU details.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file