Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Amazing Lincoln Cent Bullseye Toner on GC

scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I was planning on making what I thought would be a nuclear bid for this toner below (around $600). Unfortunately for me, it ended up getting nuked to glowing dust well before the auction ended. I have to believe the CAC sticker played a huge role in the hammer price. What are your thought on this coin and the price it went for?

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1067180/1953-S-Lincoln-Cent-NGC-MS-65-BN-CAC-Toned

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why it didn’t get a star ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I wonder why it didn’t get a star ?

Yeah, that's a good question.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@scotty4449 said:
    Hello all, I was planning on making what I thought would be a nuclear bid for this toner below (around $600). Unfortunately for me, it ended up getting nuked to glowing dust well before the auction ended. I have to believe the CAC sticker played a huge role in the hammer price. What are your thought on this coin and the price it went for?

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1067180/1953-S-Lincoln-Cent-NGC-MS-65-BN-CAC-Toned

No. not CACa. Just plain damned insanity. I'm a big fan of color but this is absurd.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t say the sticker added to that price.

• Options

@tradedollarnut said:

I wonder if there might be some psychology involved where, without CAC some might suspect AT, but with CAC it's assumed NT.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@scotty4449 said:

@tradedollarnut said:

I wonder if there might be some psychology involved where, without CAC some might suspect AT, but with CAC it's assumed NT.

I think TDN meant that as sarcasm. The sticker probably made a huge difference.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 53 S Cent that would probably grade MS 65 RD which I found in change 10 years ago. Never bothered to get it slabbed, because it didn't justify the slab fees.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin is bad to the bone! Whoa! I’m more curious why the price stopped there.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    acsbacsb Posts: 144 ✭✭✭

Maybe a buck and a half. And by "buck" in this case, I mean a dollar, not a hundo.

• Options
    Joey29Joey29 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

Weird color patterns here. Not worth any big premium inmho

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is examples such as this that truly amaze. Agreed, their money, their collection.... but still....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

An absurdly overvalued common date Lincoln cent.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@scotty4449 said:

@tradedollarnut said:

I think TDN meant that as sarcasm. The sticker probably made a huge difference.

Not at all. Somebody paid up big for color and anybody worth their salt can tell it’s natural. Not a coin I’d expect to even have a sticker.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file