Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey @keoj, hey buddy!

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a look at the reverse on this coin - never seen a die line like that. If I’m seeing what I’m seeing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393660684022?hash=item5ba80156f6:g:KTEAAOSwN2Zhfa8w

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 2:49PM

This looks pretty cool. Wonder what's going on here.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing says die clash

I’ve no idea

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 3:40PM

nice coin, though. Great strike!
    Edited to add: looks better than a 61

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the DDR to me.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe, can you post images of the lower die clash? I haven't seen that before.
    thanks

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought that coin. Finishing up a book of Trade die varieties and will be imaging it extensively. It does have interesting clashing on an interesting die pair. Not quite as dramatic of a transfer as another from 1877-CC though.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned more here in less than a dozen posts than I did viewing yet another 150+ post about CAC. Amazing!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I attended class today.
    Wow on the coin finds.
    I know that I say this a lot "Great Pictures" guys.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah! Thanks for the "class"!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    keojkeoj Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

See note that I sent out yesterday.... Search for "clash" in thread title. I corrected a few mistakes that I made.

Best, Keoj

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great clash marks!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are seeing is the "In God We Trust" banner remnants (the horizontal lines) clashed on the right side of the eagles neck.

I'm certainly no expert, but that looks more like it's from the bale that Miss Liberty is seated on. if it was the IGWT banner it would be atop the eagle's head. if someone did an overlay it would easily show that.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP corrected that in a separate thread.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2021 6:26PM

@keets said:
    What you are seeing is the "In God We Trust" banner remnants (the horizontal lines) clashed on the right side of the eagles neck.

I'm certainly no expert, but that looks more like it's from the bale that Miss Liberty is seated on. if it was the IGWT banner it would be atop the eagle's head. if someone did an overlay it would easily show that.

It is the hey bale IMHO

• Options
    keojkeoj Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

See other thread I referenced. Overlay is attached.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file