Home U.S. Coin Forum

2 Coins, wondering if they are valuable or not

Hi.

We just started collecting coins and I have two coins, one is a 1922 silver dollar and another is a dime with a weird ridge that I thought might be a defect. I was wondering if they are worth anything?

-Ted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1in1E6s70Bhzt-OWiZcC1AOk8R6qj_Ndd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AksQfcOYhpFTMy2xaPF_oeGrn8GvR9F4/view?usp=sharing

Tagged:

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

1922 silver dollar is a common date in a common grade. Worth about $25

The dime is damaged and worth 10 cents.

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those playing at home:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage on the dime is often caused by coin counting machines.

All glory is fleeting.
  • jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! Stick around, read a lot and ask questions if you don't know the answers. Have fun with your coins, this is a great hobby. As long as you don't use borrowed money to buy your coins, you'll never go broke.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard.
    Thanks for providing the pictures.
    It would be more helpful if you provided pictures of both sides of the coin when you do your post(s).
    The dime is PMD ( Post Mint Damage) which means that it was damaged in general circulation.

The '22-P Peace dollar is a common date but without a picture of the reverse, we cannot tell where it was made.
    Many coins with the right "mintmark" can bring increased value.

On the Peace dollar series, the mint mark is in the lower left side of the coin nearest the eagle's tail.

No mint mark shown means it was minted in Philadelphia.

An "S" means it was made in San Francisco.

A "D" means it was made in Denver.

Hope this helps.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tedgress .... Welcome aboard. Your dime has Post Mint Damage (PMD).... and your Peace dollar also has some rim damage.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file