Home U.S. Coin Forum

How long should it take?????????????????

13»

Comments

• Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

BHNC #248 … 130 and counting.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted a 4 coin error submission ($65 per) on August 17th. I received my grades this evening November 4th. TrueViews are ready but have not posted. Three of the grades are what I expected, one exceeded. Won’t do this again unless things improve.

• KeshequaKeshequa Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Goldminers: “ I am now up to 108 days or 76 business days and still grading now in expedite mode, and not even up to encapsulation yet. Yes, they were economy but now more than 30 days above the 45 business day estimate.”

Actually, if you’re at 76 business days, the turnaround time estimate was only 25 days when your coins were actually logged as received. It changed to 45 a couple weeks later.

Buying and Selling coins for 54 years, 700+ shows in last 20 years, and boy am I tired.
    Purchased and Trademarked the Mohawk Valley Hoard
    Originated the Rochester (NY) Area Coin Expo

• Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2021 7:56PM

@bombtech25 said:

@Goldminers said:
    Trying to do all this, with various California Covid-19 restrictions, employee turnover, and still maintain such high grading standards is quite an accomplishment, so I believe in all honesty they deserve a lot of respect.

So sympathy, respect, and my money? Nah. Selling a 30 day service that actually takes 60 days is borderline theft. Doing it when you know the 30 day estimate is wrong, actually is. Now I'm not saying they're stick up kids robbing liquor stores but I think you'd be hard pressed to get someone there to keep a straight face and say the times are accurate.

He meant the solution is to leave California 😂

BHNC #248 … 130 and counting.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are they supposed to say?

This is an incredibly busy time with submissions I am sure. All of us would love them to hire and train to get through this. But then when there are slow periods what do they do? Tough decisions, long term commitments are not easy.

They know a stuffed pipeline is not ideal. It is a very high demand reputable service and they want to keep it that way. I would not want them to rush to slab and compromise quality.

• RedSealsRedSeals Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2021 5:50AM

@fathom said:
    What are they supposed to say?

Banner on top of submission page in bold red would be a good start.

Due to heavy submission volume, please expect longer turnaround times than estimated

Even NGC which seems more backed up has a disclaimer on their website about when they are delayed by weeks/months opening packages for receiving...

Successful BST Transactions with: PerryHall, MrSlider, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Blu62vette, robkool, gowithmygut, coinlieutenant, Downtown1974, MilesWaits, Shrub68, justindan

• My express submission was received by PCGS last Tuesday (Oct. 26) and I received my grade last night (Nov. 4). It was a single gold coin.

I also sent 4 coins using my vouchers in the same box, there are currently in grading.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file