Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What do you think it will grade? 1953 D/D

dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2021 5:53PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS-32 I might have said MS-64 but I had to cut it in half because I could only see one side of the coin.

Do you really expect someone to be able to give you an accurate grade from a 30 second video of one side of the coin?

Please post photos of both sides here in your thread if you expect any reasonable responses. ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

See above :)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not gonna go to YouTube.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    MS-32 I might have said MS-64 but I had to cut it in half because I could only see one side of the coin.

Do you really expect someone to be able to give you an accurate grade from a 30 second video of one side of the coin?

Please post photos of both sides here in your thread if you expect any reasonable responses. ;)

It has been some time since I've been on the board . My forum etiquette might be a tad stale🤣

• Options

@Smudge said:
    Nope, not gonna go to YouTube.

Will it not let me post video's anymore without having to go to a link?

• Options

I put some photos I took about a year ago up. That should help

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

"It has been some time since I've been on the board"

At least you remembered your password this time so you didn't need to create an alt. :D
    It appears there may be a small amount of friction on the cheek, jaw & shoulder but overall it's nice.
    I would guess MS-64 red but it would not surprise me if it went a grade higher or lower depending on the day & TPG.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    "It has been some time since I've been on the board"

At least you remembered your password this time so you didn't need to create an alt. :D
    It appears there may be a small amount of friction on the cheek, jaw & shoulder but overall it's nice.
    I would guess MS-64 red but it would not surprise me if it went a grade higher or lower depending on the day & TPG.

I did forget 🤣 but was able to reset it . And thinks for your opinion! It's appreciated

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a nice coin but is it worth the cost of slabbing? That RPM is rather common if my memory is accurate.

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    Looks like a nice coin but is it worth the cost of slabbing? That RPM is rather common if my memory is accurate.

If it were to grade a 65 or above I feel the cost would warrant some plastic but it is debatable. I've got 3 of the same coin. Personally I feel 2 of the 3 I own are worth sending out.

• Options

Did you find these in an original roll?

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the luster is strong 66 otherwise 4 or 5.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think 65.

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    Did you find these in an original roll?

Yes a roll I bought alittle over a year ago for 15$.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    If the luster is strong 66 otherwise 4 or 5.

Luster is strong on 2 of the 3

• Options

Die varieties like that usually come in groups in original rolls.

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    Die varieties like that usually come in groups in original rolls.

Well I managed 3 out of the roll

• Options

I bought an original roll of 1970-D Roosevelt 10c and found 13 examples of DDR Die #1 25 years ago.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2021 10:17PM

Also 17 examples of the 1964 DDO-001 from two original rolls of Kennedy 50c. At the time this variety was bringing $90-$110 on Teletrade so I made a killing on those. It was nearly 30 years ago when silver was much cheaper than it is now. I believe I paid $2 each for them back in 1992.

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    Also 17 examples of the 1964 DDO-001 from two original rolls of Kennedy 50c. At the time this variety was bringing $90-$110 on Teletrade so I made a killing on those. It was 25 years ago when silver was much cheaper than it is now. I believe I paid $2 each for them back in 1992.

I bet that was really exciting to find. A bit jealous 🙂 but an awesome story!

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly dont think the cost is worth the submission on these in this grade (around 64 rd) imo. I sent a few of these in a year or so ago for a customer, and by the time he got em back, sold them on ebay it was a break even proposition. If you just wanted them graded for yourself, then dosent matter I suppose.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking cent... MS 64 or 65 I would think..... Good to see you back... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take one if you want to sell, especially graded. Another Brick in the Wall.

• Options

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@koynekwest said:
    Also 17 examples of the 1964 DDO-001 from two original rolls of Kennedy 50c. At the time this variety was bringing $90-$110 on Teletrade so I made a killing on those. It was 25 years ago when silver was much cheaper than it is now. I believe I paid $2 each for them back in 1992.

I bet that was really exciting to find. A bit jealous 🙂 but an awesome story!

I watched as two rolls were emptied into a box of junk silver half dollars. It was a great experience finding all those nice doubled dies.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    I'll take one if you want to sell, especially graded. Another Brick in the Wall.

I'll keep you in mind brotha!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ms65 for me.
    Let us know if you send it off or not.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP takes good photos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list