Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

12% of the page 1 threads are sports card related

OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2021 7:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

As of 10pm Sunday night, 6 of the 50 threads on page 1 of the US Coin forum are related to sports cards. ⚾ 🏀 🏈

More than 1 new poster has commented on having difficulty posting in the correct forum, so it may be that any recent upgrades and improvements have made the site less user friendly.

Maybe it would be best to not add comments once it's posted that this is the wrong forum. Then these off topic posts can quickly drift off onto page 2 instead of bouncing back to the top. Or better yet, report it to the mods and let them fix/move it.

Just my thoughts. Your mileage may vary

Member of the ANA since 1982

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, this thread is about the US coin forum, and clearly @oldhoopster is all about coins. I think it's avatar shows him picking cherries or something...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trolling

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

1% is bug related

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

0% bug

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just pass them by.... The situation will resolve itself shortly... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called, ' being punked'.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

You never know. Stumbling across the coin forum may bring them back for some of our collectibles. Heck , d.Carr nicely responded to someone and I doubt that person knows who Mr.Carr is. Just saying 🤠

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    You never know. Stumbling across the coin forum may bring them back for some of our collectibles. Heck , d.Carr nicely responded to someone and I doubt that person knows who Mr.Carr is. Just saying 🤠

I doubt it. If you read the posts they all sound like people who want to dump their sports collectibles while the market is still hot.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2021 8:15AM

I guess it's a sign. Time to run all my coins thru the Coinstar and head down to the card store. :D

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I doubt it. If you read the posts they all sound like people who want to dump their sports collectibles while the market is still hot.

Maybe they are looking for a new place to put their money. I guess I am gullible but I would like to think that one random act of kindness would leave a lingering impression. Maybe
    I guess I should get on board with the “get off my lawn” crowd. I have a hard time listening to “where are the new collectors “ and watch how some long time forum members stomp on newbies questions.
    And don’t get me started on how some here view the younger generation.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just skip them.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file