Options

Anyone buying silver? Pulled the trigger at 18x face

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would I rather have 650 cash in the bank or a pile of 90%? I’ll take the silver

Comments

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Nice variety!!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya dun did good, me thinks

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be all over 18x for morgans/peace.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad at all... The silver dollars at that price were a bargain for sure.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take the silver as well

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pile of silver. I stick to ASE's and the occasional round.... Though I do have sets of Kennedy and Franklin halves. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2021 8:50AM

Stacking , piling, hoarding, .... however one calls it, it's a savings plan.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Stacking , piling, hoarding, .... however one calls it, it's a savings plan.

I agree with that and have proven it over the years with my purchases, which are mostly paycheck to paycheck under $100 but with one or two larger buys a year. I’m comfortable with spending 500-1000 when I see a deal.

Tomorrow I’ll have to put up or shut up as my seller now has 239.00 face of 90%. That came out as a result of my purchase above and I’m going to do it too for 18x face. Hopefully will have some metal pics tomorrow!

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Just spent about $620 on 20oz of random silver bars/coins/rounds. Hoping I can get something neat in the mix I can sell and something I can keep.

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

And a couple of silver dollars to top it off.

----- kj
  • Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

Check for varieties 😄

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me likely👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Not happy about getting these SilverTowne bars. Though I would get something neat.

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice purchase! I also believe that it was very timely.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2021 10:33AM

@doubleeagle07 said:
    Not happy about getting these SilverTowne bars. Though I would get something neat.

Well dang thats not what I would really call random.
    Maybe you could let them know that you consider random to be rarely ever seen items?

My local place doesn't have any interesting items either.
    I haven't been in the store for awhile.
    The owner still comments about me liking the odd stuff so he knows what I'm searching for.

Some of the problem is people are spending more money and buying bigger lots as soon as he gets something in, it's not in his favor to make the effort to hold back what I like.

I often wonder if it would be beneficial to leave a few $100 Bill's as ernest money on the counter and see what comes in?
    Problem with that is it's got to be on the books some place or people forget.

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2021 1:06PM

@rte592 said:

@doubleeagle07 said:

Well dang thats not what I would really call random.
    Maybe you could let them know that you consider random to be rarely ever seen items?

My local place doesn't have any interesting items either.
    I haven't been in the store for awhile.
    The owner still comments about me liking the odd stuff so he knows what I'm searching for.

Some of the problem is people are spending more money and buying bigger lots as soon as he gets something in, it's not in his favor to make the effort to hold back what I like.

I often wonder if it would be beneficial to leave a few $100 Bill's as ernest money on the counter and see what comes in?
    Problem with that is it's got to be on the books some place or people forget.

Guess thats what you get when you buy from fleabay. It was through the Scottsdale Mint. Yeah all the collectable stuff is hard to get or get at a good price. People on here occasionally sell some neat bars.

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

@doubleeagle07 said:

I usually assume 'random' in a seller description actually means 'sellers choice', aka whatever is convenient for the seller. Oh well, it is good 20 oz of metal.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@element159 said:

@doubleeagle07 said:

I usually assume 'random' in a seller description actually means 'sellers choice', aka whatever is convenient for the seller. Oh well, it is good 20 oz of metal.

Random is almost always one of the most common dates. If you buy a random Saint double eagle it's usually a 1908NM or 1924. If you buy a random Liberty double eagle it'll usually be a 1904, If you but a random Indian gold eagle you'll usually get a 1926 or 1932. Etc.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver not looking to good. Buyers still need to wait for the dust to settle, before jumping in. "Yesterday's great deal, is today's bummer."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this up yesterday.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver not looking to good. Buyers still need to wait for the dust to settle, before jumping in. "Yesterday's great deal, is today's bummer."

Buying on the uptrend isn't a bad idea if the price has already had plenty of time to consolidate, which it already has had.

It does take some conviction to buy silver when it's not looking too good, but that's the best time to buy it.

Buy silver when it's had time to consolidate but while it's still not looking too good - the best of both worlds.

You're welcome! ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Silver has been "consolidating" for over a year. It's stuck in a narrow 10-15% trading range. I'll wait for the so called consolidation is done with. For the PM gamblers, if you like to gamble, there are better opportunities available.

• Options

To the OP. Your stack is now worth 17 x melt. Only a slight loss , so far, in 1 month.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my local wholesaler is still paying 18x after drop. Usually he is a bit back, but as of late a bit stronger. It doesnt sell in the store, in fact tuesday night at our local club auction, there was a small bag of 90% at 15x face, and nobody was intrested, so I grabbed it.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's me trade mate .... despite the prices or the weird ass world around us.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2021 8:44PM

I pitched a credit card at a lot of peace dollars for 17.57 x face (shipped)
    Nearly under spot today.

Figured I'd get 2% cash back on the deal and that would put them under spot.

I figured I could sell half of them at the next coin meeting in January @ 20x face.

Wow, that lot sold for $910&$10 shipping.
    Looks like the going rate for circulated peace dollars is $26ea.