Home Sports Talk
Options

Note to self

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't ever get on DD's bad side. It won't be good

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not that bad, although I do remember things, like that seller in Italy that screwed me out of the Joe Louis card back in 2015, that's right I didn't forget Nino and we'll settle this in hell!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

but Mark, it's called "having a sense of humor and joking around" through some convoluted logic and it's what's "keeping this place going" because there's just no other sport's related news(more convoluted logic).

actually, there's so much hate directed at Urban Meyer by one member that it's taken three threads and one Poll to fully express it. something tells me he may not be finished yet. I see some sort of possible icon change on the horizon, but everything is happy at home, I suppose.

carry on.

• Options

@keets said:
    but Mark, it's called "having a sense of humor and joking around" through some convoluted logic and it's what's "keeping this place going" because there's just no other sport's related news(more convoluted logic).

actually, there's so much hate directed at Urban Meyer by one member that it's taken three threads and one Poll to fully express it. something tells me he may not be finished yet. I see some sort of possible icon change on the horizon, but everything is happy at home, I suppose.

carry on.

You know keets, you seem to have it in for me, when in reality you're the biggest jerk on the whole forum. You sit behind your keyboard casting judgement on everyone, when in reality you don't know a thing about me or anyone else here. I tried to make sure this place stayed going and stayed active, tried to make sure we had something to talk about everyday, tried to add some humor, I didn't want to see this place dead like it was when I got here. Where the heck were you when this place was empty? Probably over in the coin section judging everyone like you usually do, throwing your weight around, telling everyone what's right and what's wrong. Hey Mark, keets is the reason I have been in a bad mood lately, I'm sick of his big mouth.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

And that's when the fight started.

(Acknowledgement to MJ)

Have a nice day
  • Options

And please keets, by all means, add me to your precious little ignore list.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<——- not enough room in this cell for three.

• Options

I tried to make sure this place stayed going and stayed active, tried to make sure we had something to talk about everyday

trust me on this, the Sports Forum was OK before you joined and it'll be OK after you leave. that applies for all of us, we just aren't that important. and speaking of making judgements on people, to see you post that is a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

have a nice day, and if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen and go kick your dog. LOL. :D

• Options
    edited October 15, 2021 7:02AM

@keets said:
    I tried to make sure this place stayed going and stayed active, tried to make sure we had something to talk about everyday

trust me on this, the Sports Forum was OK before you joined and it'll be OK after you leave. that applies for all of us, we just aren't that important. and speaking of making judgements on people, to see you post that is a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

have a nice day, and if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen and go kick your dog. LOL. :D

Everyone is important over here keets, and no one is bigger than the sports forum, but sometimes the place begins to get quiet, and I couldn't stand to see that happen so I made it a point every day to start threads and make sure we had something to talk about and add some humor in the process. A while back the place was getting quiet, I remember there were maybe 4 or 5 posts a day, and I don't recall seeing you over here that much. You're an arrogant ***** keets, you think you're better than everyone else. This place isn't big enough for both of us and I really can't stand being on the same forum with a high and mighty jerk like you. Guys, it's been fun, but I'm out of here.

• Options

cue the beg DD to stay chorus. just settle yourself down and chill, dude, no one and no thing is worth getting worked up about like you are right now, unless maybe it's Urban Meyer playing patty-cake at a bar with some hottie. life is just too short, but have fun wherever you land. B)

• Options

is there an ignore feature? and does it hide each others activities/threads/posts?

just a thought but genuinely asking. never sought it out or employed it.

i still cant even figure out where folks are seeing the “promoted to expert, master collecting” badges or that there was even such a thing.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ignore feature present and it collapses posts such that they don’t show unless the user acts. I do not think it works on the OP for said ignored.

The number of stars indicates “collector level”

A low bar and I miss reading the self-assigned titles from those with over 10k posts.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Don't ever get on DD's bad side. It won't be good

m

Are you implying he has a good side? :|

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

First steveK, now doubledragon, lots of bats and balls being taken home. It's not that serious, folks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    First steveK, now doubledragon, lots of bats and balls being taken home. It's not that serious, folks.

i concur. its just a message board. and thats not a knock to this place. more a reminder that its nothing to stress out about, especially here.

• Options

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2021 9:42PM

@perkdog said:
    Hold on here what did I miss?

“m” and Double D got into it?? Huh?

Let me be the voice of reason before this turns into the “Embattled sports talk forum”.

Speaking from my experience @keets and I took it to PM and we got into it over a year ago, time marched on and we were able to come to civil terms and plan on continuing that going forward. That being said I believe if two people are getting into
    It it’s best to go to PM and speak your minds there so AFLfan doesn’t have to drop the hammer? Just a suggestion

As far as @Doubledragon goes I for one absolutely believe he brought this place back from a low pulse to a fun place where we can all enjoy it more. Yes it was “Fine” before Double D arrived as it was before all of us showed up however “Fine” and “Fun” are two different things and I believe Double D has brought “Fun” to this arena.

It’s a very small community here and I think we should do our best to air our issues with one another time n private. Just a suggestion.

The NFL season is in its infant stages and it’s the best time of here here so let’s enjoy it.

Cheers 🍻 to everyone here.

What did I miss?!

I thought I'd dip my toe into the sh*t stirring pot thread pond to see what would happen. What I learned is I'm pretty good at this apparently.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

Let me be the voice of reason before this turns into the “Embattled sports talk forum”.

Speaking from my experience @keets and I took it to PM and we got into it over a year ago, time marched on and we were able to come to civil terms and plan on continuing that going forward. That being said I believe if two people are getting into
    It it’s best to go to PM and speak your minds there so AFLfan doesn’t have to drop the hammer? Just a suggestion

As far as @Doubledragon goes I for one absolutely believe he brought this place back from a low pulse to a fun place where we can all enjoy it more. Yes it was “Fine” before Double D arrived as it was before all of us showed up however “Fine” and “Fun” are two different things and I believe Double D has brought “Fun” to this arena.

It’s a very small community here and I think we should do our best to air our issues with one another time n private. Just a suggestion.

The NFL season is in its infant stages and it’s the best time of here here so let’s enjoy it.

What did I miss?!

I thought I'd dip my toe into the sh*t stirring pot thread pond to see what would happen. What I learned is I'm pretty good at this apparently.

m

lil early for a celebratory victory lap seeing we havent even rolled over to a second page….

• Options

@blurryface said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

What did I miss?!

m

lil early for a celebratory victory lap seeing we havent even rolled over to a second page….

I'll be ok if it doesn't. Content over volume

m

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 10:27PM

@Justacommeman said:

@blurryface said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

What did I miss?!

m

I'll be ok if it doesn't. Content over volume

m

yikes. that department is severely lacked.

i did like the jackie moon gif though. 😉

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

"you seem obsessed not just with Urban Meyer but with anyone who makes a mistake or is somehow embarrassed on Social Media. that strikes me as very shallow and negative."

The above quotation, which was taken from another thread and was said by @keets toward @doubledragon, is perhaps what started this. I don't know.

I'd appreciate it if, as @perkdog suggested, this be settled by PM.

We all can, and do, add content here. And we all benefit from and potentially enjoy the content of others. Life is a beautiful, complicated thing. And in the age in which we live, our friends and community has extended beyond what we can see to those we meet online. So I consider matters such as this very important.

I think the forum would suffer greatly if DD left. So I hope he is staying.

• Options

I hope he stays as well but if something upset him so much that he wants to leave it's probably best he does. Being upset isn't worth it especially in a place that's supposed to be dare I say it, fun. Why bother?

m

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 12:27AM

@Justacommeman said:
    I hope he stays as well but if something upset him so much that he wants to leave it's probably best he does. Being upset isn't worth it especially in a place that's supposed to be dare I say it, fun. Why bother?

m

cmon now. dont insult us. seriously. who do you think you are fooling? ive got zero issues w either of you, but theres zero way youre wanting him to stick around when you created a thread to purposefully “stir the pot”. just come out and just state your issue, then stand behind it rather than try to simultaneously play the antagonist and protagonist. its a bad look. id rather read 3 urban meyer threads than this passive aggressive crap.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

my goodness. I go to bed, wake up and all H**l has broken loose. I have already been in the pokey for a few weeks so I am not getting to deeply into this other than to echo Perks sentiment, go to PM, get it figured out and lets carry on. we are just getting into football season. this is the fun time!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 7:25PM

@blurryface said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

cmon now. dont insult us. seriously. who do you think you are fooling? ive got zero issues w either of you, but theres zero way youre wanting him to stick around when you created a thread to purposefully “stir the pot”. just come out and just state your issue, then stand behind it rather than try to simultaneously play the antagonist and protagonist. its a bad look. id rather read 3 urban meyer threads than this passive aggressive crap.

Here is a case where someone makes an assumption and doesn't know what he is taking about and then two others agree. I have less then zero issues with DD. I like DD. I have nothing but pleasant PM's with DD. I've thanked DD for his contributions to the Forum

I started this thread as an aside to all of DD's droning on Urban Meyer this week or Cam Newton six months ago etc etc etc. Once he is wound up it's hard to contain him. I hadn't been on the Forum all that much lately and I just caught up with all the Meyers threads. So I started a thread saying remind me not to get on DD's bad side. Nothing less, nothing more.

m

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark is good people. If there's any ill will to be expressed by him, you'll know it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Mark is good people. If there's any ill will to be expressed by him, you'll know it.

Yes, its comical actually. I have no filter here or in real life. I think almost everyone here knows how I stand on just about anything.

m

• Options

@doubledragon said:

You know keets, you seem to have it in for me, when in reality you're the biggest jerk on the whole forum.

Technically not correct, since I do have an account here. Most of the time I just can't remember my password, to post.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HappyLittleTrees said:

@doubledragon said:

You know keets, you seem to have it in for me, when in reality you're the biggest jerk on the whole forum.

Technically not correct, since I do have an account here. Most of the time I just can't remember my password, to post.

Listen to HLT, he knows what he speaks of.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that we get these guys @HappyLittleTrees and @renman95 out if nowhere for drama. I have not once ever seen either one of you post over here. Ever. All these years of “Lurking” and you couldn’t help yourself but to post in this thread? Lol OK

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Renman is a former USMC fighter pilot morphed into a triple 7 FedEx Capt.

Hlt, forgedaboutit.

Have a nice day
This discussion has been closed.