Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Counterfeit Barber half

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking for this for months. My puppy found it on the kitchen floor under the edge of the cabinets.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes you think it is a counterfeit? Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks ok to me.

thefinn
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lead?

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

made of mikbone?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 5:02PM

Looks like it’s still partially under the edge there.

Edit: your puppy put it there :D

• Options

It does look a bit chewed on.. not a normal wear pattern

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@thefinn its definitely counterfeit. Its lightweight and has a sandblasted look to it, I know the pics aren't that good.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@jmlanzaf I don't thin its lead because it seems lighter than normal.

• Options

Heres a couple better photos

• Options

@gumby1234 said:

Could be some pewter alloy...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@gumby1234 said:

Could be some pewter alloy...

I only mention lead because it was common to strike counterfeits in lead because of how soft it is.

• Options

Whatever it is it hasn't bent over the last 35 years so probably not pewter either.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:
    made of mikbone?

If milk bone, there would be no post as the dog would have eaten it.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@moursund said:
    made of mikbone?

If milk bone, there would be no post as the dog would have eaten it.
    Wayne

The puppy will eat anything. He chews Rocks, concrete steps, seatbelts, Aluminum door frames, Anything he can find he will eat. I have to keep a very close eye on him.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That one looked phony in the first picture...More so in the second, improved image. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Meltdown parking lot find?

• Options

@Meltdown said:
    Thoughts on this one?

PMD. 😆

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    @Meltdown parking lot find?

Looks that way eh? Impulse junk bin purchase a number of years ago for a low end album project. I thought it may be counterfeit for a time. It's beat to hell and the weight is a little light - I do think it's legit now though.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Meltdown said:
    Thoughts on this one?

abused to death, but real

Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file