Options

09SVDB Phony!

MarkW63MarkW63 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭✭

"I Prefer Dangerous Freedom Over Peaceful Slavery"
Thomas Jefferson!

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the blurry photo doesn't hide the fact that the 's' has been glued on?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notify the seller and see if he will take it down.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@moursund said:
    You mean the blurry photo doesn't hide the fact that the 's' has been glued on?

Well, I don't know about the glued on "S" mint mark but it sure looks to have the Philly Minted Style designers initials even blurred :D
    But, it has been found in a good number of this listings the sellers just don't know the coin is either an altered or totally counterfeited coin. In some of my early 09SVDB phony threads it was mentioned by other forum members that there was a batch of these with the Philly style V.D.B. that China actually minted and if that be the case then its likely that some of these are an actual totally counterfeited coin (Possibly) that leaves me calling many of these just "Phonies" I get less corrected that way ;)

Thomas Jefferson!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing is gone now... Good work... obvious fake. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 9:56AM

@ricko said:
    Listing is gone now... Good work... obvious fake. Cheers, RickO

Wow, that was fast, and it looks as though ebay pulled the listing and not the seller!
    Good Job!, no GREAT Job everyone!

Thomas Jefferson!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

People and gorilla glue, it's just not right 😪

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file