Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody have a personal website for their coin collection?

I saw a thread for this all the way back in 2003 and it had quite a lot of responses. I recently started a course on html coding / web design, and my goal is to eventually make a personal website showcasing my collection. Does anybody on here have their own website for their collection that they coded? If so, post a link, I'd love to see it!

Comments

  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nope but that would be an interesting project. I suppose if I did I would probably do a WordPress free site and do each coin as a blog post. That would be the easiest way to get started and have an attractive layout. You might have given me a fun project to pursue someday. :)

    I would do a specific site but as someone who has coded professionally for a long time it would feel too much like work :)

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No need, I have the PCGS Registry

    Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.

  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @P0CKETCHANGE said:
    No need, I have the PCGS Registry

    I do as well but I could see the benefit of a site where you have more flexibility and would reach a potentially larger audience.

  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I do not now but may create one when the day comes to sell off the hoard of gold and silver.

  • Options
    DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 9:23AM

    I have an informative website of a US Mint series discovery. I need to update it with pictures of each medal in this series.
    https://www.potus-sgm.com/

  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I had one in the mid 1990s, it was one of those free web hosts, but I was learning HTML at the time (as a middle schooler) and had multiple websites. I doubt it's still out there. To get images, I took them with a camera, developed the film then used a scanner on the photograph. Times sure have changed. Be sure to share your URL here if you get your page up!

  • Options
    PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Its almost as if you're proposing something similar to a "social network" for coin collectors. I'm aware of the PCGS registry and haven't really used it, but almost sounds like something that may be able to be incorporated into this forum, like if you clicked on a members profile and there was a page for showcasing some of their current collection.

    Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 10:08AM

    I do have a website with over 600 super eye appealing certified coins. Here's the thing, it is a business website tho.

    But, I do consider my inventory as my personal collection because I hold no coins back, it's all on the table.

    So, if you wanna a really cool resource for midrange super eye appealing error coins well you know where to go.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I actually use Google Photos to store my own coin image albums, along with the PCGS registry. Here is one for my capped bust halves, hopefully it works:

    https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipOwvbDvlPnsMLE-8ExHyyEnFq871EX-V-dtagyD

  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the link.
    Interesting accumulation of errors.
    Wayne

    Kennedys are my quest...

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I do have a website with over 600 super eye appealing certified coins. Here's the thing, it is a business website tho.

    But, I do consider my inventory as my personal collection because I hold no coins back, it's all on the table.

    So, if you wanna a really cool resource for midrange super eye appealing error coins well you know where to go.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

    Very cool stuff on there!

  • Options

    The PCGS Registry is great for PCGS graded coins, but when you have your own website you can also display NGC and raw coins. For those of you who don't know how to code, there are some great free website builders that you can use like wix, weebly, and wordpress, though they have their limitations. A really easy one to use is sites.google.com, though I'd like to start mine from scratch and work my way up.

  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CentSearcher said:
    The PCGS Registry is great for PCGS graded coins, but when you have your own website you can also display NGC and raw coins. For those of you who don't know how to code, there are some great free website builders that you can use like wix, weebly, and wordpress, though they have their limitations. A really easy one to use is sites.google.com, though I'd like to start mine from scratch and work my way up.

    A few random thoughts; first the NGC registry will display both NGC and PCGS coins. Also GFRC has a small registry (very focused on seated coinage and type sets) where you can display both certified (any TPG I believe) and raw coins. I only know of one collector that built his own website for his collection. I do not follow it so I'm not sure how up to date the site is but here is a link to it. https://thechristophercollection.net/

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have one that Winged Liberty designed for me a few years ago.
    https://robecsimages.com/

  • Options

    @robec said:
    I have one that Winged Liberty designed for me a few years ago.
    https://robecsimages.com/

    Wow, your collection is incredible! I've started a PCGS toned Lincoln cent set recently, though I haven't gotten much for it yet

  • Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @robec said:
    I have one that Winged Liberty designed for me a few years ago.
    https://robecsimages.com/

    There is a lot of work there. Very nice job!

  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 12:23AM

    I have my own website that I've maintained since 2004. It covers all my hobbies and travels, including my coins. However, I have the coins hidden in plain sight. They are in a locked folder called new. (Code for numismatics)

    This is my website : https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/

    If you wish to browse my coin collection, the password is 1832.

    That's the date of the first coin I bought as an actual numismatist.

    I have over 400,000 images on my website, both photos and scans.

    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have not considered a website for my coins. For me, it would be a major project, unless I limited it to just some specifics. I guess I won't do that... would be too much like work and I collect coins as a hobby. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

    Error on coins that’s an impressive display!

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I liked TDN's website a lot, but personal sites can be hard to maintain.

  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CentSearcher said:
    The PCGS Registry is great for PCGS graded coins, but when you have your own website you can also display NGC and raw coins. For those of you who don't know how to code, there are some great free website builders that you can use like wix, weebly, and wordpress, though they have their limitations. A really easy one to use is sites.google.com, though I'd like to start mine from scratch and work my way up.

    The PCGS registry does allow one to input NGC coins in one’s inventory and add a picture. All can then be displayed using the gallery function.

    Seated Half Society member #38

    "She comes out of the sun in a silk dress,
    running like a water color in the rain...."
  • Options

    @Catbert said:

    @CentSearcher said:
    The PCGS Registry is great for PCGS graded coins, but when you have your own website you can also display NGC and raw coins. For those of you who don't know how to code, there are some great free website builders that you can use like wix, weebly, and wordpress, though they have their limitations. A really easy one to use is sites.google.com, though I'd like to start mine from scratch and work my way up.

    The PCGS registry does allow one to input NGC coins in one’s inventory and add a picture. All can then be displayed using the gallery function.

    True, though I would like to display my raw US Type set and Lincoln wheat cent collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file