Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official 2021 Coin and Chronicles Set - George Herbert Walker Bush

2»

Comments

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    I think I'm doing that web browser view source thing right to get the available count, I just did it and it said 27705. If correct, only a little over 7,000 of these sets have sold so far.

Tell me again where to find those stats...

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2021 3:35AM

@Onastone said:

@ernie11 said:
    I think I'm doing that web browser view source thing right to get the available count, I just did it and it said 27705. If correct, only a little over 7,000 of these sets have sold so far.

Tell me again where to find those stats...

Someone else told me how to do this. It depends on whether the web browser you use supports this. I have Microsoft Edge on a desktop PC. I went to the Coins and Chronicles item on the Mint's website and clicked on it and when I was on the page where you can add that set to your shopping bag, I right-click anywhere on my web page and a menu pops up and I choose the "View page source" option. That shows me the text of all of the web developer's code that makes up that webpage. Then I searched thru that text for the string "availableCount", and right next to it was listed the number still available. Right now, it says 27664 available, which means 7,336 have sold so far. Assuming, of course, that the Mint webpage is putting the correct and updated number in there.

• Options

I see 27694 available now, 30 got canceled?

• Options

press F12 to open the source. Ctrl-F to search. Type data-avail then start scrolling over to the right.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2021 10:49AM

@micotu said:
    press F12 to open the source. Ctrl-F to search. Type data-avail then start scrolling over to the right.

Your search method is much quicker to obtain the info. Thanks

What would you look for, using your method, to find out what the best offer price was on ebay? Data-avail is not an option.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I bought this because I enjoy the C and C sets. I will not buy one, however, from a President I did not like. If they ever have one for Carter, I would not buy it even if it were free.

• Options

Why does available count show 42489 now, more than product limit?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

2020 BUSH COIN & CHRONICLES SET 7,103

• Options

No clue.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the new higher cost is due to the medal. Last year they significantly jacked up the price of all medals.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2021 8:45AM

(6) years later, the key date (1 of 2 keys) with a mintage of just 17,000 just sold for $299/2 sets sealed with seller netting about the same price as what the Mint is asking for this 35,000 mintage Bush example. Seriously, what was the Mint thinking? To offer a 35,000 mintage coin at around 2x the price of the 17,000 mintage coins, but hopefully only sell 10,000- 15,000 or so units so the coin can actually become the key to the series (for 6-12 months until they offer the next one that sells even fewer units)? And, at the same time destroy the values of the 6 year old key dates in the process? How far off am I with this analysis? Please tell me.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@bigmountainlion said:

That IS interesting, I just got 42483. Maybe it means this method is not foolproof.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2021 9:57AM

@micotu said:

lol....just turns my airplane mode on and off....lol

Though, using both ways, I was able to figure out how to get there. Damn, I hate these things! Glad I'll be long gone when these things take over the world, and humans are relegated to merely serving/maintaining computers, and the humanoid versions of them!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 330 ✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@bigmountainlion said:

That IS interesting, I just got 42483. Maybe it means this method is not foolproof.

It is foolproof from a website perspective, I'm a developer and use this method regularly when working with web data pulls to understand the data to request from the site. There is likely an error in the mints database. This site will continue selling units up to that amount and the mint would have to clean that up by cancelling orders on the back end. This is either a data issue on their end, or they actually have more than they listed in the product limit for some reason.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

The total is showing the 35000 original plus what sales have been instead of subtracting them.

• Options
    edited September 21, 2021 2:54PM

@NotSure said:

@micotu said:

lol....just turns my airplane mode on and off....lol

I hit F12 and my car started! Love it and I don't even have a remote starter!
    Seriously though, it didn't work for me, probably because I'm using a Mac. I'll have to try it out on my work computer....that's a Dell/Windows.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried the "availableCount" method just now and got 42457.

For the poster who wants the Jimmy Carter set, I don't believe that the Mint has made one yet.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2021 3:58PM

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    I tried the "availableCount" method just now and got 42457.

For the poster who wants the Jimmy Carter set, I don't believe that the Mint has made one yet.

:)

Subtract 35000 = 7457 ordered

It was said they would NOT want a Carter set if they ever have one.

• Options

@smuglr said:

It was said they would NOT want a Carter set if they ever have one.

Musta been drinkin' a Billy Beer.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:

The key requirement for having a coin issued has not been.met. :#

Also, there is no indication that the C&C sets will go on indefinitely . The same could be said for the business strikes, but the C&C has a higher hurdle to meet as not all modern presidents got one.

• Options

I did the availableCount method right now and got 27381.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2021 12:37PM

At only 7,619 indicated demand so far, this year would be a key chronicles series low mintage. The Roosevelt medals are quite hard to find in top condition. I just need the one 2021 I ordered to get shipped soon.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    At only 7,619 indicated demand so far, this year would be a key chronicles series low mintage. The Roosevelt coins are quite hard to find in top condition. I just need the one 2021 I ordered to get shipped soon.

I wanted to somehow cross-check this to be sure that availableCount is reliable. I saw an article within the last 24 hours on Numismatic News's Mint Statistics column that listed sales at 7,103, but I that was a first-day sales total. So we're in the right ballpark.

• Options

Now the site indicates 26,749 available ... which means only 8,251 sold so far? Does not compute B)

• Options

Just got a notice that mine is being shipped.

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    Just got a notice that mine is being shipped.

Me too.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

Got mine today. These sets are very nice, and the Bush set is no exception. The silver medal is a full ounce (probably accounting for most of the price of the set). The other coins are nice, too, including the reverse proof Bush dollar coin.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2021 12:09PM

Mine arrived today, too. It is a nice set - the outer cover was kinda thin, but the inner booklet holding the coins / medals / stamp and the booklet layout was quite well done.

It occurred to me that this is one of those few times in which a reverse proof 'S' coin is issued without a corresponding conventional proof 'S'.

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭

Mine arrived today - 2 days ahead of estimated day of arrival.

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, late to the party on this one. Forgot all about it, and got an email from the mint today. I bought all of the previous ones...barely got the first few issues.

USM122371XX

• Options

There is no rush in getting one with 26,328 still available.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Golden1 said:
    I wouldn't touch anything with H W Bush on it. H W Bush was a NWO globalist, he was part of the same people that are destroying our country right now, to bring in the NWO.

Really. Have you not seen or read about going politics on us.
    Have every right to your personal opinion. Try keeping it that way.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Golden1 said:
    I wouldn't touch anything with H W Bush on it. H W Bush was a NWO globalist, he was part of the same people that are destroying our country right now, to bring in the NWO.

Really. Have you not seen or read about going politics on us.
    Have every right to your personal opinion. Try keeping it that way.

Would you mind deleting your post please.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2024 10:28AM

An update, 2-1/2 years later: I've noticed that weekly sales figures for the Bush Coin and Chronicles set have stalled at 11,512, and that it is also currently marked on the Mint's website as unavailable.

• Options

Wow...that was painfully slow. > @ernie11 said:

An update, 2-1/2 years later: I've noticed that weekly sales figures for the Bush Coin and Chronicles set have stalled at 11,512, and that it is also currently marked on the Mint's website as unavailable.

Thanks for the update!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file