Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA Show Floor Finds and other August Adventures

pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I just got back last night from what ended up being a very interesting August. Between some work activities early in the month, to a wonderful trip to Chicago for the ANA WFOM, and then off to SW Utah for 9 days of fishing, adventuring, shooting and 4-wheeling, it’s been a very enjoyable month, for sure.

I showed a couple of my bigger purchases in other threads, but these four were out in the wild on the floor so to speak.
Would love to hear which one (ones) you like best and why.

1826 O-101

1826 O-107

1829 O-111

1834 O-110

SW Utah is an amazing area … so diverse in its area. From the geological areas of the Zoin and Bryce Canyon National Forests, to the amazing diversity of the Dixie National Forest areas it was a great and wonderful time.

Oh, yeah, and the fishing was pretty awesome. I landed about 45 fish over five fishing days, including Rainbow, Brook and Cutthroat Trout ... and in one lake, Smallmouth Bass.

I’m a hook and release fisherman, so not many pictures of the fish themselves, but while fishing Panguitch Lake in my kayak one day I landed 9 fish overall, despite the difficulty of the wind ... however these two got the hook too deep and in the gills so I had to keep them.

The smaller fish is 13” for comparison … both Cutthroat, and they fought extremely well.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a really great vacation... and I bet the trout were tasty... always loved fresh caught trout, fried in butter. As for the coins.... well, as far as detail, the second one...They each have some good points and I can see why you got them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pickups, your 1826 O-107 is my favorite of the group. Sounds like UT treated you well as well, I can use a trip like that soon.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trout almondine! Yum. Great group of capped bust halves. Nice score. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice CBH’s and nice catches also. Sounds like you have a very fun few weeks.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the 1826 O 101

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file