Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sent a silver into the wild.

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a beat up 1961 Washie that was in a Lucite paperweight that had damage on it before I cracked it out, not to mention polished to a mirror. I put it in a parking meter. Who knows where it will wind up but I hope maybe it makes a YN happy someday.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to you someone will have a better day, thanks.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the thought that counts.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been a while since I got a silver quarter..... I find Roosevelt dimes in the Coinstar fairly frequently, but not quarters. The last two I got were in change from purchases. Cheers, RickO

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    It has been a while since I got a silver quarter..... I find Roosevelt dimes in the Coinstar fairly frequently, but not quarters. The last two I got were in change from purchases. Cheers, RickO

My guess is from the meter it will wind up getting put in a roll at some point.

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, soon to be found in circulation -- broken from a roll

Frank

BHNC #203

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 7:33AM

@ms70 said:
    I had a beat up 1961 Washie that was in a Lucite paperweight that had damage on it before I cracked it out, not to mention polished to a mirror. I put it in a parking meter. Who knows where it will wind up but I hope maybe it makes a YN happy someday.

How did you crack it out. I have a 1961 "mint set" in a Lucite paperweight and would love to free the coins.

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Will be on the lookout for it.😁

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

Parking meter? You couldn't find a pay phone or bathroom stall to put the dime in?

Do any of you remember the bathroom stalls that you had to put a dime in for the door to open?

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mizzou said:
    Do any of you remember the bathroom stalls that you had to put a dime in for the door to open?

You mean the ones you crawled under to save your dime? :)

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mizzou said:
    Parking meter? You couldn't find a pay phone or bathroom stall to put the dime in?

Exactly... parking meters that take coins are a vanishing breed. I suppose vending machines are next.
    am

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:

@ms70 said:

How did you crack it out. I have a 1961 "mint set" in a Lucite paperweight and would love to free the coins.

I did it a long time ago and I really don't remember. Since then the coin had been sitting in my desk drawer for years and I finally decided to do something with it. If I were to guess, I probably put in my vice and cranked until it broke.

• 2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's awesome! I do stuff like that often...Encouraging young collectors of ANY KIND is critical for our hobby to survive...

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put 2 Cleaned coins out there, but they were not silver. One was a cleaned buffalo nickel and one was a Cleaned flying eagle cent that had environmental damage as well.

Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file