Home Precious Metals
Options

Is this a glitch ?

JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

SPLUNGE!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

futures are down hard too

kitco does have glitches, but it appears this time it is brutal truth

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flash crash.

For bullion stackers, this sucks. For gold numismatic collectors, this is wonderful.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, just take yourself a good long nap, come back and nothing will have changed.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:
    No - it’s a buying opportunity 😂

Are you really that anxious to loose money? B)

Best to wait & let the dust settle. We've seen that numerous times, with the same comment...back up the truck...buying opportunity etc. If it where, we'd have a ton of millionaires.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody turn the lights back on. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2021 5:54PM

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes, just take yourself a good long nap, come back and nothing will have changed.

Sold my bullion last week, before Friday drop. From now on I’m a spectator. I have my Central America shipwreck $20 and a Moffat $5, bullion gone.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

Sold my bullion last week, before Friday drop. From now on I’m a spectator. I have my Central America shipwreck $20 and a Moffat $5, bullion gone.

I bet derby sold all his bullion on Friday too. Congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

I bet derby sold all his bullion on Friday too.

I expect gold to go back up significantly eventually but I’m too old to think about it. My pension will get me by.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

@blitzdude said:

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

Yay, now you have something scarce… fiat currency.

thefinn
  • Options

@thefinn said:

@blitzdude said:

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

@blitzdude said:

@JimTyler said:

@MilesWaits said:

Yay, now you have something scarce… fiat currency.

Did you ever try making a fire with gold ?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minor dip, nothing to get excited about..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered more silver and gold. Who doesn't like steep discounts ?

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Ordered more silver and gold. Who doesn't like steep discounts ?

Yup...."like catching a falling knife." ;)

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is rough. Based on the past week I would assume we are going under $20 again. Too bad I bought a ton recently at 25-26.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTB: 1oz Engelhard Gold in assay card @ spot. PM me thx

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    This is rough. Based on the past week I would assume we are going under $20 again. Too bad I bought a ton recently at 25-26.

As Douglas MacArthur said "I shall return". PM's are long term stores of value. They are not short term investments. There is plenty in equities to play with short term if you're into that game but I think there are more silent losers than vocal winners.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's bullion banks scrambling to cover their shorts. They sense a PM stimulating liquidity event around the corner. They are usually correct.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

how many of you are still trying to catch that "falling knife?" If so, use caution & better judgement. And do not succumb to all the bs posted by some homegrown PM demigods.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

how many of you are still trying to catch that "falling knife?" If so, use caution & better judgement. And do not succumb to all the bs posted by some homegrown PM demigods.

The "catch a falling knife" syndrome is only a reflection of greed & desperation to make some easy money. I've never known making money by market speculation to be easy. It can happen, but it's not a good strategy to build wealth.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.