Home Precious Metals
Options

1 kilo Queens Beast completer coin!

MKUltra24MKUltra24 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 7, 2021 12:57AM in Precious Metals

JM Bullion used 3 day UPS shipping but it got here overnight so I’m really impressed!

/rant Lately USPS has been a nightmare for me. A bunch (26x VF-XF common dates) of Peace Dollars were lost (thankfully they were insured) and other stuff was overnighted but took a week.

Normally I would have patience and understanding but when you pay all that extra money for overnight shipping you should get it. /end rant

This thing is massive!

Imagine trying to slab it! That would be one huge slab! O_o

The diameter makes it look much smaller but it’s so thick.

I think it’s cooler than a 1kg bar for sure and especially since the premium was only $0.80/oz over the cheapest 1kg silver generic bar so not bad at all. Nothing against 1kg bars just my own preference.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that.....Not usually interested in large PM items, but that one is very nice. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool

• Options
    edited August 7, 2021 7:42AM

@ricko said:
    I like that.....Not usually interested in large PM items, but that one is very nice. Cheers, RickO

To be honest it reminds me a lot of the ancient 4th century Roman “Great Dish” found as part of the Midenhall treasure.

Except the Great Dish weighs a whopping 6.2 kilos.

What do you think?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MKUltra24.... I was not aware of that piece. Amazing. Thanks for posting that. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @MKUltra24.... I was not aware of that piece. Amazing. Thanks for posting that. Cheers, RickO

Glad you like it!

It’s also called the “Oceanus/Neptune Dish”.

I think it’s an amazing piece. Especially for the time period.

Whoever owned it must have been extremely rich considering the silver in it could’ve minted thousands of denarii.

It’s easily several years wage for the average Roman of the time.

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Nice! I'm not much into commeratives but this is a design I like enough to buy one. Kudos and thanks for sharing.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

@MKUltra24 I think it’s cooler than a 1kg bar for sure and especially since the premium was only $0.80/oz over the cheapest 1kg silver generic bar so not bad at all. Nothing against 1kg bars just my own preference.

Something to think about... Mahalo and Congrats

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Awesome! Where did you get it?!

• Options

@Weather11am said:
    Awesome! Where did you get it?!

They sold out insanely fast so I’m glad I managed to get it.

• Options

@pmh1nic said:
    Very Nice! I'm not much into commeratives but this is a design I like enough to buy one. Kudos and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking! ^_^

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI...If your hesitant paying $950 for a kilo chunk of silver, the 2 oz version can be had for about $75.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203537149861?hash=item2f63c26fa5:g:V~AAAOSwWG1g~tr6

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."