Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can anyone place and date this one?

CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a first for me but I’m guessing Baltimore the early 90s. Purely a guess.
Composition: Plastic
Weight: 0.5 Gr

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it helps, but it looks like it might be "play money" from Learning Resources.
    Link

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon has everything.............

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@MetroD said:
    Not sure if it helps, but it looks like it might be "play money" from Learning Resources.
    Link

Well obviously it's play money but if it actually helped buy lunch for some kid I would think that was pretty significant.

• Options

@BuffaloIronTail said:

Amazon has everything.............

Pete

That is close but no stars on this one, certainly from the same era. Whatever that is...

• Options

@MetroD Well that certainly is the same coin in the pic. I assumed they were actually lunch money that somehow you earned.

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    Can anyone place and date this one?

Is this what you were asking for? >:)

Well, to be quite honest I had it at MS68 and was pretty sure somebody would agree :D However the equal sign I'm pretty sure is post 2,000. Again I could be wrong...

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s what they use to teach kids about money and counting. Second grade. The school sent them home
    For teaching They did look different but that’s what the school used them for. (Props). I wish they would have sent real money.

Martin

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s the latest plastic money passing around town

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Here’s the latest plastic money passing around town

I found one just like that in a Coinstar one time 🌜

Mr_Spud

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Martin said:
    It’s what they use to teach kids about money and counting. Second grade. The school sent them home
    For teaching They did look different but that’s what the school used them for. (Props). I wish they would have sent real money.

Martin

This.

'Learning Resources' also sells a cash register and an ATM to facilitate learning.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely just a math manipulative tool for an elementary school. We use similiar ones at the school I work at. The kids love to play with them and especially the paper money.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not know they were using play money in school for teaching. But I am old and have been out of and away from anything school related for a long time (except for professional college courses). Seems we were taught arithmetic and used no props at all....Coins and bills were described by denomination... though most of us had learned basic coin change before going to school. Parents were good at that. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the one of the grading companies would encapsulate them. lol
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file