Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anything special about this 1921 Peace?

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 26, 2021 7:41PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi all, I've owned this peace for many years now. With 1921 peace dollars going for so much money, I've contemplated letting go of this one. What I would hate is to let go of something that later is found to be special. When you look at this 1921 peace, anything special about it or just a nicely struck circ cameo peace? Worth keeping or ?

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it! I like all of my 1921 Peace dollars even the pocket Peaces. I have a hard time parting with the 21’s and I think this one will become more beautiful if you decide to do so.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super strike!

peacockcoins

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in the group that likes it. :)

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been wanting to pick one up. Bad timing, I know 😂 Let me know if you decide to sell!

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing special about it, but it is a super example of a circulated coin, and has a great look to it!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    Nothing special about it, but it is a super example of a circulated coin, and has a great look to it!

The fact that it’s a “a super example of a circulated coin, and has a great look to it!” means that there is something special about it. And as @braddick noted, it also has a “super strike”.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good to me... better eye appeal than many other low AU pieces out there :+1:

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great circulated example that obviously has never seen a dip, eye appealing imho.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice Peace dollar and one that would catch my eye at a show. Hair detail is good. So many are worn in that area. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Peace dollar. It is not cameo like you said. Really nice coin thou.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a vam 3 line though L but it should draw a nice price as many are priced out of UNCs currently which applies pressure upwards for cirs just like yours

It would be harder to replace if you change your mind

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree-it's an attractive coin with an outstanding strike.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@SurfinxHI said:

The fact that it’s a “a super example of a circulated coin, and has a great look to it!” means that there is something special about it. And as @braddick noted, it also has a “super strike”.

And I took his question to mean "Is this a special VAM, or a high relief" not "does this coin have super eye appeal."

Thus my comments. Thanks for letting me set the record straight!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to go back in time and catch this one as it came off the Mint press and run away with it! That's a nice coin there, though it looks like a 45 based on the pics.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it better than any of the 3 I currently own!

• Options

Nice circulated coin.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are trading strong now, a dealer had some AU cleaned ones he wanted over $150 for, I passed.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice strike, contrast and color. I like it.

• Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I keep it...nice coin great specimen for the grade. You may never come this way again....meaning are you going to be able to afford another later?

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for the nice comments on this peace. I'll hold onto it longer.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file