Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show me your "Coin Family Photos"!

DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see your "coin family photos", all your coins you consider to be a group together, defined however you please. IE I have 200+ slabs, but I gotta say, there's nothing quite like a pile of NGC Fattys all spread out... Except for maybe a pile of Rattlers. :)

I ran around like a madman this morning to get this pic of all my Fattys in one place before the bank closed. I need more, more more! And some upgrades for the work-in-progress US type set (first 3 rows) would be swell.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Comments

• Options
    edited July 17, 2021 12:46PM

@Mr_Spud said:
    This is my all inclusive slabbed type set which includes just about all my slabbed coins (PCGS, NGC, ANACS) in an order that makes sense to me. Oldest to newest per denomination, gold at the end of the US coins, followed by medals in order by date.

That's a pile! Wow. Also you have some really cool medals. Pics are a tad small but my favorites would be the 04 Half Cent, Seated Dollar, and Gaudens $20. That Morgan-ish medal looks rad too, but I'm slightly biased.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 20 coins at PCGS right now, across four different submissions. When I get them home it will be pretty special. Most are Mercury Dime Varieties. It will be cool when I can combine them with what I have, Sadly, I could be close to September by the time they are finished at PCGS. Two economy and two regular submissions. Ugh.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said “Where’s Ike”

I don’t have any slabbed Ike’s. Plenty of raw ones, but none slabbed. Sooner or later I’ll probably either buy or submit one.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Love this! I'm collecting a type set of PCGS CAC coins, but I've added the extra challenge of 1st year only. It's been a blast, and I hope to have a photo like yours soon.

• Options

You all got fancy edited pics! I need to put some work in.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    I want to see your "coin family photos", all your coins you consider to be a group together, defined however you please. IE I have 200+ slabs, but I gotta say, there's nothing quite like a pile of NGC Fattys all spread out... Except for maybe a pile of Rattlers. :)

I ran around like a madman this morning to get this pic of all my Fattys in one place before the bank closed. I need more, more more! And some upgrades for the work-in-progress US type set (first 3 rows) would be swell.

Are you lost? This is the PCGS Coin Forum? All kidding aside, that's nice group of coins and with all those gold stickers, who says NGC grades are overly optimistic?

• Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2021 11:02PM

I feel like NGC fatties are among the most consistently undergraded coins by todays standards.

image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2021 11:37PM

@DelawareDoons said:

OK, I see 4 white label fatties... I gotta know which versions are they? Is the gold lettering on the back on the inside or outside of the slab?

Cool set.

Now I wish I'd taken a group photo of my 144-piece all-rattler silver commem set while I still had all of them.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... great pictures and 'families' of coins. I have neither the ability, time nor inclination to assemble and photograph such a grouping of my coins. Probably would not be able to even get a picture of the entire group... sub groups would be possible though..... maybe some time..... probably not. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Kove said:

@DelawareDoons said:

OK, I see 4 white label fatties... I gotta know which versions are they? Is the gold lettering on the back on the inside or outside of the slab?

Cool set.

Now I wish I'd taken a group photo of my 144-piece all-rattler silver commem set while I still had all of them.

2 2.0, 2 2.1. The 2.1's are the Indian $2.50 and the Washington proof. Hopefully more of each to come.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

All nice photos!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob13 said:
    Or, from the darkside:

VERY cool my brother 👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun I want the 3rd one down on the left.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    My family of Buffalo nickel proofs-

!!!!!!

jom

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ARCO said:
    Before the days of the holder:

Complete set of Barber Half Dollars mostly VF and XF.

NICE! When did you put this set together and how long did it take you? Do you still have it and are you making money on it?

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bet you wish you had those back and I would wager most of them are entombed now!

@ARCO said:
    Before the days of the holder:

Complete set of Barber Half Dollars mostly VF and XF.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file