Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crackout- New GRADE is in

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2021 5:27PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm cracking this coin to send to PCGS. Another member took the photos. My photos never look this good.

Any thoughts?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 4:42PM

It looks like a nice coin.
    1) what is the current grade?
    2) what is the Bixby key?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? Please post problem with current slab

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautifully toned, that's for sure.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Ewps

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Better pictures. Is that a slight die crack in his hair?

• Options

@david3142 It is a nice coin. Currently MS67. Definitely has a shot at a plus grade or even 68.

• Options
    edited July 13, 2021 6:07AM

@Steven59 yes a small die crack. Lucky you don't see my photos of it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are excellent pictures indeed. We can even see the metal flow striations on the coin. Good luck with your submission - let us know how it goes. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko I sent a few down to Florida and he photographed them for me. I will let you know when it gets slabbed how it turned out.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

An attractive coin but still a high risk crackout. I'd leave it as it is.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the weakness of the strike on the reverse hold the coin back?
    Otherwise, so pretty and clean.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do it. Many crack out to send ATS, and back again. Let's call it " badminton grading".

• Options

What is ATS?

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you paid a significant premium for color financially there’s not much downside risk to cracking it out.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    What is ATS?

ATS = Across The Street = NGC

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@skier07 no premium paid. Got this one for $20

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking coin.
    Hope it makes the grade.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2021 9:47AM

Yup go for it

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @Steven59 yes a small die crack. Lucky you don't see my photos of it.

Great - I was hoping it wasn't a thin scratch.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely toned!

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

To crack or not to crack, now there is a question.....

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful toning. Good luck!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck man!!!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great color! Good luck.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

New shooter coming out...place your bets! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@ricko the new grade MS67+

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @gumby1234 ... That is great. Thanks for posting it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the +!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

BINGO!
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eye, dude!
    We love these outcomes, don't we? :D
    Congratulations.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

A + is better than nothing.

• Options

A + is good. @joeykoins yes we love these outcomes. It was sent in with a 49S MS67 that also got upgraded to 67+. :)

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    A + is good. @joeykoins yes we love these outcomes. It was sent in with a 49S MS67 that also got upgraded to 67+. :)

The 49-S MS67+

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2021 3:59PM

Nice photos. Thanks Jim. @lablover wish you luck with them.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    @david3142 It is a nice coin. Currently MS67. Definitely has a shot at a plus grade or even 68.

There is no way to be able to tell that based on the photos. At that level, luster will make or break your chance of an upgrade. We can’t assess the luster based on those photos.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@gumby1234 said:

There is no way to be able to tell that based on the photos. At that level, luster will make or break your chance of an upgrade. We can’t assess the luster based on those photos.

You don't like my images? LOL Just kidding!!!

I've seen very few that can expose both the color and luster in the same image. It's a big challenge to do so, Crazyhounddog (Joe Best) does a fantastic job, imho)

I attempt to expose the color. However, your point is solid in that the luster can make or break an upgrade. Neither coin has fantastic luster, the 47-S has just a bit more.

Both coins were in very old ANACS holders as MS67.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Oh, @gumby1234 was fun to work with in the deal we made in cracking and upgrading the coins. Big thanks to my "dealer" buddy for handling the process.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file