Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will the price of 1921 Peace Dollars hold up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:
    1921 Peace Dollars always in demand. I would be surprised to see them fall.

Me too. There are only 10 pages of them on Collector's Corner. ;)

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

They already have fallen from 1 year ago.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just looking right now on CoinFacts, it looks like Unc prices are coming down but Circ prices are going up. Does this mean the floor for them is stable but the ceiling is not?
    (Just a snapshot of today)

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    They already have fallen from 1 year ago.

But still way up from 2 years ago.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in the early 1960's there would always be several low grade ( G.-VG. ) 1921 Peace Dollars in every large group of Silver Dollars that I got from the bank to look through. I just returned them to the bank.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased my first 1921 about 5 years ago for under $200 (AU raw). I purchased a slabbed AU last year for my registry set for $440. I believe the cost is higher than what it should be, but the market is out of kilter lately so prices are what they are. Long term they should go back to more reasonable but who really knows???

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interestingly, there are twelve MS65s listed on Collectors Corner; but, only two have a CAC. One of the CACs @ $5,750 is pretty dark. The other white coin is $6,750, Both are newly listed so it appears the price for a MS65 CAC is holding steady.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2022 7:10PM

@hfjacinto said:
    I believe the cost is higher than what it should be, but the market is out of kilter lately so prices are what they are.

If people are buying and selling at current prices, what's out of kilter is your opinion of what they should be.

Just sayin'. :smile:

edited to add... Prices "shouldn't" be this or that, they are just what they are.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2022 7:15PM

@MasonG said:
    If people are buying and selling at current prices, what's out of kilter is your opinion of what they should be.

In the collectible market (heck in real estate, car prices even rents) There are lots of examples of prices not being what they should (seriously how many people can afford $4000+ a month rents??) I believe there will be a correction, hence why I think they are out of kilter. If there isn’t Im wrong, if I’m right I’m right. I’m comfortable holding off on items I feel aren’t priced correctly.

• Options

The market today is what it is. Tomorrow it might be different or it might not. Not wanting to pay the price current buyers/sellers are is fine, but that doesn't make those prices wrong.

• Options
    conrad99conrad99 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

@fiftysevener said:
    I like my AU 58 better than a mushy struck 62 0r 63. Now CAC too.

58 is a sweet spot for so many issues, yours included.
    I'd much rather have a well-struck 58 than a mushy 63.

• Options
    conrad99conrad99 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

@MasonG said:
    The market today is what it is. Tomorrow it might be different or it might not.

Whoa, I've been smoking too much again.

• Options

@conrad99 said:

@MasonG said:
    The market today is what it is. Tomorrow it might be different or it might not.

Whoa, I've been smoking too much again.

Then don't do that. Or don't post when you do. :smile:

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@hfjacinto said:
    I believe the cost is higher than what it should be, but the market is out of kilter lately so prices are what they are.

edited to add... Prices "shouldn't" be this or that, they are just what they are.

Never heard of a "bubble?" Of course prices can be out of kilter.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:

@MasonG said:

@hfjacinto said:

Never heard of a "bubble?" Of course prices can be out of kilter.

Yeah, I've heard of a bubble. The price today is what it is, not what you think it should be. What it might be tomorrow is irrelevant to what people are buying and selling for now.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Weiss
    That’s a magnificent specimen. Would you mind posting a couple pictures of obverse and reverse. Thanks 😉🦫🙀

Gracias! Her reverse is as lustrous as her obverse is matte. Much harder to photograph. But I gave it a shot:

Intact Holo too. :love:

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2022 11:58AM

1921 Peace Dollars hold up?
    probably,.

I thought you said 2021.

so, I changed my answer

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest PCGS price guide shows a bit of a downturn in the MS grades..

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/detail/peace-dollar/26/grades-61-70

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with many of these post that claim it will come back down - a really quality 1921 strike that is high grade is extremely rare - and the anniversary just made this obvious / they will stay high and continue higher imo. Blast white examples? Almost nonexistent!! Post em if you got one

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the prices to drop back to 2020 levels which will happen just as it did with the 1892/93 Columbian Expo early commems after the 100th anniversary in 1994.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file