Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Highlights of my sub. Back in hand

76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well some of the cards were as nice as I remembered. And some well I missed something on lol. As a 76 collector the Eck is a beauty to me. Hard to find one with this nice of centering and printing. Those dang rough edges bring it to an 8 but I will be keeping that in my 76 set. The others in the first picture I think are all strong 8’s. I can’t see why they gave me a 6 on my Rice rc. I think that was harsh. Looks like a 7 or 8 to me but oh well.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
Collecting:
post world war II HOF rookie
76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

Comments

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Like that Eck

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice hit on the Pops! The Eck looks great too. Looks like a successful submission. Congrats.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice hits. Popped a 10 on Pops big-time congrats.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice sub! Ryan’s are sweet. Congrats.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

dang t/b centering on the Sweetness rookie got ya, but still a very nice looking card...congrats

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dawson and Molitor/Trammell are both super sharp.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah baby!!!

Nice pops for sure.

Really nice RC HOF cards that are dead centered.
    No print defect on the Eck !!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Very nice assortment of studs!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Stargell

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• Options

Thanks for the positive comments. Means a lot to know fellow collectors thought those cards were nice as well. Some times I think I overvalue my own cards. I think we all do a little. And when we don't get the grades we hoped for, it hurts the pride a little. Anyway, I got the grades I expected on all but the Rice rookie. I have no idea how that card isn't a 7 or 8, but oh well. It's only one card. The top 5 and the Payton will all be staying in my PC. I really like them all. The rest I probably will sell to recoup grading costs.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful cards, Jeff!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeff,

That Eck you got raw was posted raw in the pickup thread a while back? I remember thinking that card was incredible.

And that LT rookie is quite gorgeous. What a card!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Jeff,

That Eck you got raw was posted raw in the pickup thread a while back? I remember thinking that card was incredible.

You will love having LT in your collection ! I got it from a grocery rack pack from Steve in the last group break here. RIght on top !!! I never would've opened it, but the seem on one of the other cells split on delivery from bbce. I sure as heck wasn't gonna complain that I "had" to open it with a centered LT staring at me, haha.

Jeff

Collecting:
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2021 1:51AM

@76collector said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Jeff,

You will love having LT in your collection ! I got it from a grocery rack pack from Steve in the last group break here. RIght on top !!! I never would've opened it, but the seem on one of the other cells split on delivery from bbce. I sure as heck wasn't gonna complain that I "had" to open it with a centered LT staring at me, haha.

Jeff

Truth spoken.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Beauties!

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I may sell the others to pay for my grading fees”…

100% understand. I just wish that statement never had to be made.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Call me old-fashioned, but they just don't make cards the way they once did. Those are some beauties.

• Options
    Canes8387899101Canes8387899101 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Awesome cards! The 10 on "Pops" is outstanding!

• Options

@balco758 said:
    “I may sell the others to pay for my grading fees”…

100% understand. I just wish that statement never had to be made.

Me too and it seems like it's only going to get more difficult. This sub was 1400 worth of grading fees at $9 per card. I got lucky with this sub that I have a lot of options of what I can sell to pay off my grading fees and still keep the ones that mean the most to me. Once it's double that or more, if you aren't very good at picking the cards to get graded I could see needing to sell all of your best cards just to pay off the fees. At this point in the game it seems from a financial standpoint to be better to just buy the cards you want, but part of collecting is the excitement of searching for that perfect card, and I get more enjoyment out of being the one to find it and have it grade a 10. So the Pops will probably always be in my collection until I give it to my son.

Jeff

Collecting:
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone of those cards is right up my alley and favorites!! Congratz!! They are beauties!!