Home U.S. Coin Forum

Time for a real "Happy Dance" from Snoopy and Woodstock...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, YES!

Yes!

Sorry for my overwhelming response! When I explain, you'll know why. Lol
Over the weekend some of us were aware of the Tinley Park Coin Show. In which, I attended all three days. They had a raffle being drawn at the end of the show. All attendees were to enter at the entrance. Well, I take it you all know what I'm about to say? Lol. Received a phone call this morning. Yep, the lady told me that " I WON"!!!
WHAT? It was a $5 Gold Eagle. Wow, I still can't believe it guys. I figure for the three days, maybe close to 1000 people had entered? What are the odds? Unbelievable! I do not have one Gold coin in my inventory. Well, I do NOW. :D
Going to pick up the coin right now. In Indiana. I couldn't wait for the snail mail. Anyway, it's much safer as well. You guys thought I had a great time than ( at the 3 day show), you can imagine how I feel as we speak. Lol

I'll post the coin when I get it. Thanks guys

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Happy dance, indeed!
    Don’t forget some celebratory Starbucks and obligatory console shot of the prize :smiley:

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You going to Andy's shop to pick it up??

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭

Gold is Gold, but Free is better.
    Congrats !

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know how you feel. Back in1981 at the Michigan State Numismatic Society fall show I won a Double Eagle in the raffle. :)

All glory is fleeting.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go!

The last coin show I went to, they were having door prize drawings, and I asked the little boy who was handing out the tickets "what kind of doors are you giving away?" Confused, he looked over at his (presumably) father and I continued with "I could really use a garage door". Then the little boy fired back, "we left the garage door back at the house, how about a calendar instead?" It's really hard to dislike a smart kid.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Congrats!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2021 12:37PM

Congrats!…it couldn’t have gone to a better person…and if there were a thousand people that all entered only once…your odds were 1 in a thousand, or 1000/1 or +100000…same odds as hitting the pick-3 lotto on a straight play, which would pay about what that gold coin is worth ;)

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on winning. What a great way to get your first gold!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need one of these to remember your "Happy Dance"

GrandAm :)
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys!
    Since I was in the great state of Indiana, had to get a cent bank box. From Schererville. The enders look to be 90% of Memorials? Good sign I hope?

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2021 2:02PM

This coin could have gone to a lot of different people, but I don't imagine anyone else would have enjoyed it as much as you. Perfect.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, Joey. As previously said, couldn't have went to a better collector. Enjoy. Good luck with the Cent rolls.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big congratulations!!

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s cool, congrats! I don’t have any gold coins so you have me beat. Good job!

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Free gold is the best gold!

@amwldcoin said:

Lol. You were right! How did you know? Is this Steve? Kedzie coins. :D

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool!

Collector, occasional seller

• USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the win!

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dlmtorts said:
    I took my son at about age 8 to his first coin show several years ago. It was a small local show with 20-30 tables. They out gave tickets at the entrance and had an hourly prize drawing. I let him wander and look so long as he wasn’t bothering anyone, then he stood by the door. After a while I realized he was asking people for their tickets when they left. He won the next 3 door prizes! I got him out of there before another drawing feeling somewhat embarrassed that I let him win 3 in a row. Some people may have been irritated at his methods and at me for allowing it to happen. I never let him do that again, but I was actually pleased that day at his ingenuity at age 8.

He sounds like a young entrepreneur!😀

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2021 8:42PM

Joey Baby,... you're nuts. You've flipped your lid. I love it!!!! 💕

edited June 29, 2021 12:05AM

While driving through Indiana to collect my prize. This sign pulled next to me.

I am not a customer. Lol

Here is what I am a customer of.

My Prize!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most excellent, congrats

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Joey..... What a great prize. You will be happy dancing for days....and should be. Cheers, RickO

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! A nice prize indeed...thanks for sharing your joy!

K

ANA LM
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'd stop and do a $20 in a progressive slot machine. Ya never know. Congrats. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Joey!

On a side note, you better watch out using the Peanuts characters everytime for your happy dance.

Somebody might turn you in for copyright infringement!😂🤣

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've known Andy since he very 1st started! We have done many shows together, table mates @ Baltimore for years!

@joeykoins said:

@amwldcoin said:

Lol. You were right! How did you know? Is this Steve? Kedzie coins. :D

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! A big congrats to you, Joey!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that it went to you.
    It is always nice to know that it went to somebody you know even if we have never met in person.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file