Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great Morning, that came when I checked my email! It finally came home.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 3, 2021 7:57PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Just woke up at 10:00 am, this morning. Work nights. Opened my email to a wonderful surprise. It shouted, not a Good Morning but a, " Great Morning!" Lol. My submission came in. This one took awhile. It was one of the coins that I traded for a coin I submitted early in the year, January. A 1920s Mercury dime that I found in the silver scrap bin. You guys might remember it. It was a fantastic coin with a promising grade with FB 's, the whole 9 yards. An easily high premium coin for sure. When to my surprise it came back, "CLEANED!" Arrrr. I was so, so disappointed to say the least. If you remember?
Anyway, I traded the Merc. for two graded NGC coins to my friend. One being the coin were talking about, the NGC 1947s ms 66 Quarter. Well, I noticed it was the RPM FS -501. Almost a $300 variety in that grade. Well, I sent it in to crossover to our Host holder. Stating on the sub. form, I only wanted it crossed only if it stayed the minimum grade of the ms 66. Therefore, this is the Great Morning part, IT MADE IT!!! PCGS 1947s/s RPM FS-501 MS 66. Now worth, $275, according to the PCGS price Guide. Yippie! The trade, this coin and another NGC 1939s Mercury ms67, made my 1920s cleaned coin submission and all the fees, worthwhile. I think I got my money back and then some? Wouldn't you say?
:D Yes, it is a GREAT MORNING! Thanks guys.

Here's the coin

that made this crossover possible.

Beautiful coin, isn't it? This is probably why my friend still seen the beauty despite the Detailed Grade?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that you are pleased with your submission.
    A 66 would make me very happy also.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

YIPPEE!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking dime!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice @JoeyCoins cant wait to see the 25c s/s. That 1920 dime sure was pleasing for a junk bin find. Glad it worked out for ya!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Junk Bin Find? I have to start reading the posts more closely. Well,......DOUBLE YIPPEE!

• Options
    blaircountycoinblaircountycoin Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Happy for you as long as your friend isn"t a member of this forum! Pays off to check all slabbed coins for errors.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I gather from this story is that knowledge is power (and money).

Sure you missed the cleaning on the Merc but that could happen to almost anyone. But you then identified an overlooked variety.

Good job!

P.S. - to heck with the True Views, send us the car photos when they arrive. :D

• Options
    edited June 26, 2021 3:53PM

@ThreeCentSilverFL said:
    Nice @JoeyCoins cant wait to see the 25c s/s. That 1920 dime sure was pleasing for a junk bin find. Glad it worked out for ya!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm thinking this is the reason why the dime was in the junk bin? Cleaned. I couldn't tell when I was looking.
    Even my dealer friend didn't notice any problem before I sent it out. Oh well, after all it's said and done. I'm actually glad now because of the final recent outcome.
    This 1947s/s ms 66. And the other coin I got, 1939s NGC ms 67 Mercury dime.
    Almost a total value of $375. Even though, if the Mercury 1920s dime was problem free. It would of succeeded past $1000.
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!!!!! :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That dime will slab....after two or three more submissions.... ;) Nice score on the quarter. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited July 3, 2021 11:01PM

Look what came home.

My PCGS variety, not my NGC variety!

The Makeover

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all good and have a happy 4th of July all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file