Home Precious Metals
Options

Would you right now? NGC double eagle at $1800

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just walked away from an NGC double eagle at a pawn store for 1800 cash. I have some other expenses right now so I forced myself to walk away. Now I’m sitting in the parking lot at grocery store waiting on wife, thinking I need to go back, too good to pass up.

I think it was a 63 but it was ugly and I didn’t get the date.

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Wife texted and said she has ice cream. This could get messy

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were in a gold buy mode I'd probably take that price right now too.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Great buy! I wonder what the pawn shop paid the person who sold these?

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup. Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@mkman123 said:
    Great buy! I wonder what the pawn shop paid the person who sold these?

I don’t know but a couple of weeks ago I scrapped a few old rings, two class rings and some 10k to 14k rings. I would have been happy with $300 but was hoping for $400. They offered just under $700. I’ve always found this place to be very fair.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call, congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are thrifty buyers and hungry sellers.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave ... I assume the $2048 tag was a previous price and you got the $1800 price you noted. Nice discount, and at today's prices for hard gold, that I have been seeing, you did very well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @DNADave ... I assume the $2048 tag was a previous price and you got the $1800 price you noted. Nice discount, and at today's prices for hard gold, that I have been seeing, you did very well. Cheers, RickO

Yes. I’ll often ask what’s the cash price out the door. Sometimes it works out.
    This time the price caught me off guard and was lower than I was expecting. I don’t carry that kind of folding money with me but they honored the price when went back.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I’d jump on those.
    Well done👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you did very well.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

At $1800 I would have jumped on it.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭

Yea, very good price and I don't think the dark highpoint "euro" toning on these is too stark.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd buy that, congrats
    ps
    How was the ice cream :D

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I hope your seller joins BST

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score!

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2021 6:13AM

I don’t know what melt was the day this was purchased but today it’s $1734. Wasn’t that long ago (like months) $1800 for a $20 that melted at $1734 wasn’t that great a deal even in MS63. Not a bad deal then and now in the time of crazy super premiums a great deal but boy how mind set has changed.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d flip it. It’s a bullion coin. That is unless you want to speculate in precious metals.