Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2021 Euro 2020

13»

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Sweden- Ukraine game was a blast to watch.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toni Kroos to retire from national team. Great servant for Germany, but knows Flick will go with Kimmich and Goretzka in a new, high press Germany at the World Cup.

• Options

IMO Kroos was on one of the greatest World Cup squads ever.

It’s very rare for a European team to win a World Cup in South America and rare for a South American squad to win in Europe.

1970 Brazil won in Mexico.
    1974 West Germany won in Germany.

2014 Germany crushed Argentina and Brazil 8-1 in Brazil. Something that never had happened, nor will it probably ever happen again.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2021 6:28AM

The 2014 squad was fantastic. Probably the best technical/passing team for a good stretch of years before/after the cup.

This was my game day gear for that cup, not sure why I went with the long sleeve, Ozil:

• Options

Of course an English ref makes the first brutal call of the tournament. That was not a red card.

Switzerland win or lose is a huge success at this tournament.

• Options

Agreed, that shouldn't have been a red.

• Options
    edited July 2, 2021 12:07PM

Ridiculously harsh red. The Swiss played great but moral victories suck

Spain V Belgium or Italy should be great

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Italy was the much better side. Such great skill by both teams

m

• Options

This Italy/Spain match has me on pins and needles. So great

m

• Options

Wasn't a good game to me but Italy gonna head to the finals....Denmark has the momentum, we'll see

• Options

I won a lot of money so I thought it was beautiful ; )

m

• Options
    edited July 8, 2021 12:36PM

Euro 2021 will be remembered as the tournament where the #9 was barely even noticeable.

Where are the days of Gerd Muller, Marco van Basten, and Miroslav Klose ?

• Options

The year of the false #9

m

• Options

I’ll be surprisingly rooting for Italy Sunday. They showed great character against Spain, and England got in with two weak goals, even though they outplayed Denmark.

So England will probably win, but the Italians have been very impressive.

• Options

My Italian wife would kill me if I root for England..and since they beat Germany it will be a no brainer. They should get the w.

• Options

Brazil play Argentina in the copa final Saturday at 8pm.

Will only watch ten minutes due to all the diving that will take place, but here is my prediction.

20 minutes diving
    20 minutes complaining to the ref
    15 minutes for injuries
    35 minutes actual soccer

• Options

Ha you're probably right. I would like to see Argentina win and finally get Messi a trophy with the national team.

• Options

Good for Messi

m

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not so much diving

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

It was a good game, good for Messi.

Should be hitting up a bbq for the game today. I wonder how Italy is going to do w/o Spizzanola, might be tough vs England.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    It was a good game, good for Messi.

Should be hitting up a bbq for the game today. I wonder how Italy is going to do w/o Spizzanola, might be tough vs England.

Agree on Messi.

Italy and England have met four times in major competitions with the Brits never getting the W.

• Options

To think that Messi is 34 and he just won his first championship with Argentina. Just shows how hard championships are to come by. I think he’s tied with Ronaldo now
    1-1.

• Options

Goosebumps. Italy v England

m

• Options
    edited July 11, 2021 12:13PM

Wow wow wow

Kane what a run and pass.

Tripper great pass. Glad to see him start

Shaw what a finish for a guy who isn't asked to score

Fastest goal ever in the Final

m

• Options

This ref doesn't have a whistle. Fantastic

m

• Options

Horrible first half. England gets their only shot on target in the first three minutes. Italy gets their only shot on target in the last three minutes.

In between was 40 minutes of rugby.

What a disgrace for a final so far.

• Options

Italia!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<—— (agnostic)

• Options

You sit back too much and you end up picking the ball out of the back of the net

• Options

Soccer is a beautiful game. This final isn’t.

• Options

Just go to penalties. Forget the 2nd OT. Get this brutal match over with. England doesn’t deserve a win.

• Options

How fitting that the 2021 euro final has no forward score a goal in 120 minutes.

• Options

Broken ankle ending

• Options

Penalties are cruel

m

• Options

Depressed that this tourney is over. The Gold Cup just isn't the same. US vs Haiti in 45 minutes. It will have to do

m