Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2021 Euro 2020

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sgt_D said:
    For the first time in my life.. I've become addicted to soccer with this EUFA thing going on. Always hated it but am learning the game recently.

This thread is a win then!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2021 11:29AM

Gosens was a beast today. Germany answered in a big way. Good on them

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2021 11:41AM

When it was halftime a buddy texted me that Germany was doing good and leading...told him we hadn't even scored in the whole tournament yet, ha!

We needed this win, and the goals don't hurt at all.

• Options

Great result from my Fatherland. Poland with the draw.

m

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    When it was halftime a buddy texted me that Germany was doing good and leading...told him we hadn't even scored in the whole tournament yet, ha!

We needed this win, and the goals don't hurt at all.

They actually had slightly better team stats against France than against Portugal. Portugal’s defense was Swiss cheese compared to France though. Germany has enough talent to win it all, but not with this coach. Flick will do very well with all that young talent.

• Options

Finland could make group b interesting today with a win and some extra goals. Will have to mosey up to the bar this afternoon to catch both games at 3.

And for some old friends I'm pulling for Ukraine to advance.

• Options
    edited June 21, 2021 1:57PM

Wow what a two hours. Denmark joy. Then heartbreak. Then absolute mayhem. Copenhagen is where you want to be tonight. I'm not sure I've seen anything quite like this.

m

If I were to be hit by a bus tomorrow this is my wife's future husband

• Options

Russia fell A-part. Was hoping for a Fin draw to advance with the Russia destruction but we'll see how 3rd place draw plays out. Great afternoon double

• Options

I'm so excited for Weds games. I won't be able to sleep tonight

m

• Options

Wow. It won’t happen, but Spain, Germany, and Portugal could all get knocked out of the euros on the same day. You could have got great odds on that first round wager.

• Options

That is crazy they could all get booted today. I have some afternoon plans but am hoping to be able to see some of the 3pm games if I can.

• Options

What happens to France if Germany and Portugal win ?

• Options

Jockey for 3rd place advance but they'd need some goals to help with a loss.

• Options

Spain is the youngest team in the tournament. Today could have given the young lads confidence.

• Options

Sane starts over Goretzka. Lol

• Options
    edited June 23, 2021 12:50PM

Is Gundogan even playing today ?
    Gosh is he always invisible for Germany. JL made him the captain once. What did Germany do that day ? They lost to North Macedonia. The guy just does nothing for his country. Goretzka sits in his home stadium under him ? Lol

• Options

Goretzka comes in for Gundogan in the 57th minute.

Germany goes through with a loss and a Portugal loss.

• Options

Sane corner kick. Lol

• Options

Sane almost hand ball in the penalty area. Must I really watch this guy play ?

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    Is Gundogan even playing today ?
    Gosh is he always invisible for Germany. JL made him the captain once. What did Germany do that day ? They lost to North Macedonia.

At least is wasn't South Macedonia : )

m

• Options

Goretzka!

m

• Options

Goretzka just did for Germany what Gundogan doesn’t.

• Options
    edited June 23, 2021 1:53PM

Sane' played like a deer in headlights. Terrible

m

• Options

Germany vs England. Nice

m

• Options

Group F gave us some great games. Best group of the tournament.

Germany-England and Portugal-Belgium are good ones.

• Options

JL once again puts out two players who will do absolutely nothing for the team (Sane and Gundogan), while he sits his fastest defender (Sule), who as a centerback would have disrupted one or both goals, and he sits the guy who saved his neck today (Goretzka).

Hansi Flick can not get here soon enough.

If JL has Gundogan over Goretzka and no Sule in a back four against England then the guy just doesn’t get it. Flick must be shaking his head watching this.

• Options

Wound up able to watch both 3pm games minus the first 15. Germany makes me sigh...since cup 18. Happy for the advance but damn.

Belgium and Nederlands are the ones to watch methinks.

• Options

England-Germany and Belgium-Portugal have the tightest odds spread of all the matches. The rest have bigger to much bigger spreads.

• Options
    edited June 25, 2021 3:03PM

Great news for German soccer fans. No Sane and Gundogan and perhaps a formation change too.

I am so excited that I won’t have to watch those two against England.

Good job JL if the reports are true.

• Options

Would love to see

Neuer
    Ginter. Sule Hummels. Rudiger

Goretzka. Kimmich. Kroos

Musiala. Havertz. Werner

Or

Havertz. Müller. Werner

• Options

Austria-Italy in a great tussle.

• Options

Denmark playing tough. Italy advance was deserved but Austria looked hungry for a chunk of the game.

• Options

Couple of very interesting Sunday games. Both should be close and full of nail biting for their fans.

• Options

My friends are still in Copenhagen and will be following Denmark as far as they go. The place is lit

m

• Options

Denmark has a nice side of the bracket too. The other side is murder.

• Options

Portugal all over Belgium in the first half hour.

• Options

That was some track meet. I’d say no way Belgium recovers for their next game, but Italy went to extra time.

• Options

Was at the ATL United game so didn't get to see anything but the first bits of the Netherlands Czech game. Surprise results for both, was expecting Netherlands and Portugal to pop but have said Belgium is one to watch. Glad they won, and my Barcelona/Messi buddy that went with us was happy to see Portugal drop.

• Options

Croatia/Spain has been quite a game. Croatia down 2 late in the 2nd and ties it up at 3 in the 93rd min...looking hungry!

• Options

Spain is young and talented. Need to learn how to close out a game. Inexperience.

• Options

Spain pops 2 in 1st extra time...they're closing but Croatia not giving up, good game.

• Options

Spain likely gets France in their next game. France has not acted like champs yet. France could win 5-2 or lose today. Just depends which team shows up.

• Options

Pavard got beat too easily on that first goal.

• Options

Even if France win today I can’t see them get past Spain.

• Options

Pavard again, but loris

• Options

Mbappe and Neymar in big games don’t have great track records.

• Options

Was happy to see the Swiss win. Thought France had it there for sure.

Today should be good. See if the Germans can show up and if Ukraine chases the cinderalla victory over Sweden.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2021 10:59AM

Demons exercised for England. Great win! Germany had the game on the feet of Werner and Muller but no cigar.

m

• Options

I take the dog out for a bathroom break, England scores...knew it was over then. The Muller miss hurt, needed that for sure.