Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2021 PCGS Set Registry Awards - Best Digital Album: Members Pick the Winner!

JamieKiskisJamieKiskis Posts: 21 mod
edited August 2, 2021 1:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Greetings Set Registry Forum Members!

Below are the nominees for the 2021 PCGS Set Registry Award for Best Digital Album of the Year. Criteria for excellence includes completion, quality of images, and owner’s comments. You have only one vote, so choose carefully! You must be logged into a message board account to participate in the poll. Voting closes June 30th at 5 pm EDT (2 pm PDT).

The Kankakee Collection - Complete Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set (1796-Date)

The JDG Trust Collection - Buffalo Nickels Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1913-1938)

Falcon Basic - Indian Cents Basic Set, Proof (1859-1909)

The J. Atkinson Collection: Presidential Dollars, Proof (2007-2016) - Presidential Dollars, Proof (2007-2016)

The Coastal Collection (to '39) - Capped Bust Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1807-1839)

Sans Souci Collection - Indian Head $2-1/2 Gold Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1908-1929)

DNFT Man - 1950 Mint Set

SilverCal's Omnibus Two Cents - Shield Two Cents with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1864-1873)

Cottager - Canadian George V Twenty-Five Cents, Circulation Strikes (1911-1936)

Rinkai銀竜斎's Japanese Non-Gold Decimal Coinage Denomination Type Set (1870-1948) - Japanese Non-Gold Decimal Coinage Denomination Type Set (1870-1948)

2021 PCGS Set Registry Awards - Best Digital Album: Members Pick the Winner!

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options

The Coastal Collection (to '39)" - Capped Bust Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1807-1839) is AMAZING!

Congratulations!

Blake

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The JDG collection of Buffalo nickels is incredible.... What a beautiful set. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2021 8:34PM

Oh my goodness...that was all wonderful. So many absolutely beautiful coins...I think I drooled a bit :blush:

I do have a weakness for those Indian Cents...and the Canadians were unexpectedly beautiful...and the Japanese coins...and oh my the 1950 mint set is gorgeous....and then the buffalo nickels are out of this world...
    But...oh man The Coastal Collection (to '39)" - Capped Bust Half Dollars was just overwhelming goodness.
    Thanks for sharing all this!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lance has an incredible eye, superb photography skills, and deep knowledge of the Bustie series. His Coastal Collection gets my vote!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking nothing away from the other collections, which are all beautiful and well assembled, I think it is almost a complete anomaly to have a very serious, studious and yet obliging collector among us, who has developed an absolutely outstanding collection, to also be one of the top photographers in our hobby.

What a fantastic display.

Congratulations on your nomination @lkeigwin You definitely deserve all the accolades you get my friend.

In case there's any question, my vote was for The Coastal Collection.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

gotta go with the buffs

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

World Coins Posse representing. Cottager for the win!

• Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lance your discerning eye and artistic flair lands you squarely with an extremely visually appealing set. The set shows effort and focus. Of course you are the best coin photographer I know as well. Congratulations, hope to see you at the ANA.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the type set album because the coin sizes are in proportion to the album size.

This is not the case for other albums which use the same size coin holes no matter the denomination. If the Buffalo Nickel album were in real life, each page would be something like 4" x 6" with only 9 coins per page. I would like to see future versions of the digital albums have the number of coins per page consistent with real life (i.e. a Whitman Album).

• Options
    Yo2007Yo2007 Posts: 5
    edited June 15, 2021 3:09PM

how much does ballot certification cost?

• Options

@Yo2007 said:
    how much does ballot certification cost?

There is no cost to set up a digital album nor to vote for the best of the 10 digital albums selected for this year's award.

• Options

@Connecticoin said:
    I like the type set album because the coin sizes are in proportion to the album size.

This is not the case for other albums which use the same size coin holes no matter the denomination. If the Buffalo Nickel album were in real life, each page would be something like 4" x 6" with only 9 coins per page. I would like to see future versions of the digital albums have the number of coins per page consistent with real life (i.e. a Whitman Album).

Thank you for the suggestion. We will review with our development team to see why this was not considered initially and what it would take to add in the future.

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has it been considered to have a contest for the "Best Amateur Photographer Album", w here the photos are produced by the collector? No True Views or professional photographs allowed. Submissions would of course need to be made on an honor basis, but it would be interesting to see what the amateurs can do.

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options

@JeffMTampa said:
    Has it been considered to have a contest for the "Best Amateur Photographer Album", w here the photos are produced by the collector? No True Views or professional photographs allowed. Submissions would of course need to be made on an honor basis, but it would be interesting to see what the amateurs can do.

Hi Jeff, I have not seen that idea before. We will put the idea into the mix for future consideration. Thank you

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lance gets my vote hands down. He has put together a breathtaking collection one piece at a time .
    Congratulations to my buddy, Lance

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was lucky enough to have seen many photo's of Lance's Capped Bust collection and it is amazing. Hope all view it, but don't slobber on the pics. Congratulations Lance, whether you win or not it is worthy of our admiration.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

The Buffalo competition is heavy and amazing. Starting with T. McCarroll's set #1 for a decade, then G. Forsythe wrote a
    check a bought it, then added several new coins and held the #1 spot almost 2 decades. And now the new leader of the
    HERD has scratched his way to the top one Buffalo at a time. The album's pictures are breathtaking. The set is 20+ years
    in the making, and Mr.JDG never thought it was possible to catch the impossible dream of the BEST Buffalo set EVER. My
    hat is off to you. And you have my vote for the Best Album 2021.
    Sincerely, KCV

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KCVNickels said:
    The Buffalo competition is heavy and amazing. Starting with T. McCarroll's set #1 for a decade, then G. Forsythe wrote a
    check a bought it, then added several new coins and held the #1 spot almost 2 decades. And now the new leader of the
    HERD has scratched his way to the top one Buffalo at a time. The album's pictures are breathtaking. The set is 20+ years
    in the making, and Mr.JDG never thought it was possible to catch the impossible dream of the BEST Buffalo set EVER. My
    hat is off to you. And you have my vote for the Best Album 2021.
    Sincerely, KCV

This is an awesome set, and got my vote. Nickels for life!

• Options

Bust Halves Rule! Go Lance!

• Options
    MJHMJH Posts: 538 ✭✭

Nice set JDG, You have my vote.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the sets were beautiful...

the Falcon Basic looks superb and gets my vote

It's all about what the people want...

This discussion has been closed.