Options

Crossing the Delaware error

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

it would have been better ti keep it horizontal

can you post a full view of both sides?

there is definitely an anomoly

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

US Mint Picture for Comparison

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strike thru?

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

worth anything?

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    worth anything?

Meh

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

EOC got it first - they're Feeder Finger scrapes
    on the Die - so there are many thousands of them
    out there.

Value? None, imo, but they might bring a few bucks
    on Ebay.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I found a few myself. In different denominations too. Why does it seem these are coming out quite frequent now when you hardly see any in much older coins? :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

So how does GW not get maimed in the process?

I have heard the term, but know not the meaning.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not appear to be raised, as a feeder finger scrape would be.

If it is incuse, it may have been struck through something which was dragged across the surface of the die.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping in mind that the minting mechanism process is going very fast. It's a good keeper for your error binder. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

• Options

ErrorsOnCoins and FredWeinberg have called it

feeder finger scrape marks

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really neat error. I would hold on to it.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

Thanks everyone. Now I get to check 13 of the new Washington Denver minted... Hopefully I can find something mentionable out of those pretty brand new rolls

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find and a good example for your 'education' file. Good pictures as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Washington and the boys are taking on water. ;)
    Nice find and really nice pictures.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file