Home U.S. Coin Forum

My fever seems to be rising ...

pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

And so it goes.

It started out as a minor distraction, but then it began to overtake me. I caught it from a friend or two, or maybe a few!

Slowly it started occupying my thoughts and sprinkling in musings throughout the day. Day after day. Days became weeks became months ...

... at first I thought it might pass ... and then later I wondered if it ever would.

And then somewhere along the way, I started to embrace the fever. I found I liked being sick. ;)

It has become harder to ignore, and ignites itself regularly ... blurring all other thoughts. And although it puts my to the point of being crazy, I have gotten to the point where I really like that feeling.

I would worry, but all my friends who have the fever seem a little crazy too!

:D:D:D

Here's the latest hot and crusty to the group ... gorgeous in hand ... my pictures don't her little justice.

Feel free to GTG, make comments, or show of your 1809's (any denomination).

Thanks for letting me share!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Comments

• truebloodtrueblood Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

Thats a wow busty as well as crusty galore

• scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one! I would guess 55?

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice original coin!

All glory is fleeting.
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll venture AU58. Crusty like good bread.

thefinn
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• drddmdrddm Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your fever IS rising....and that’s certainly a good thing, especially when it results in more of these beauties!

Wow, Todd! You keep on adding more and more beautiful, original bust halves to your set.

Love this 1809 O.109a III Edge!

Congrats!

Dave

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bug to catch. Very nice addition. At least 55.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not even going to bring up the SNL skit.

...however, that is a rather nice looking early CBH!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crusty busty indeed.... Nice addition. Cheers, RickO

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you all!

I was very happy to acquire her for my group.

PCGS called her a AU55, and I agree.

I'm still having issues getting pictures right (I have to figure out a better lighting setup), so I pulled another set of pictures from before I bought it. The attribution in that sale was wrong, so I whited out the hand written tag.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are truly sick. The fever's got ya.

Take it from someone who's been running the same fever for almost 50 years (as of next month). There is no cure.

By the way, nice half.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file