Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a Flying Eagle Cent

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wil1858Wil1858 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing !

I've attached a couple of items for educational comparison! These two are in my collection for reference for sure , but, Rick Snow is the man for final and accurate confirmation.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

The very next thing I intend on getting as soon as I complete my Indian Head quarter eagle date set is a nice PCGS slabbed AU58 Flying Eagle cent.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one that was poorly struck. This explains why this beautiful design was dropped after only two years as the "official cent."

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JimsokayJimsokay Posts: 107 ✭✭✭

@Wil1858 said:

Posting for education and posterity...

J-205 ...a real treat and very rarely seen...any historical feedback is welcome!

...yes, what I post is in my collection.

What is that??

Interesting part is that eagle looks more in line with the other eagles on coins of that era.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:
    This is currently in the chesterb collection. I love the die chip on the wing. There are also a few misplaced digits in the feathers around the neck.

you know the mpd across all series are just so weird when they start getting really far away from the legend date area. especially when they are into other devices which is a recessed area on the die(s). i have a very hard time believing someone(s) weren't doing it intentionally unless they had the americans with disabilities programs at the mint hiring blind people.

nice coin and varieties you have there. nearly purchased one myself a few years back but in the end the premium held me back.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this doubled date a of any value?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file