Home U.S. Coin Forum

Haven't seen a Pine Tree coin posted recently - Do you have one - post a pic

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen a Pine Tree coin posted recently - Do you have one - post a pic

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I did have one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always liked these Pine Tree Shillings... I do not have one, but dream of finding one while metal detecting - Yes, my area was settled at that time and it would be possible to find one. However, no luck so far...Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice @mbogoman

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one I've ever had.
    An old Tatham Coin Company restrike......

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    I kind of feel like I'm flogging a dead horse: Box of 20 people start to sound like broken records:

I, for one, wouldn't get tired of seeing that.

It's a perfect example in my mind.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread! I can't contribute though... :'(

I love that @goldminers

I could help you out @asheland ................or you could check the box under the bridge :)

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:

I believe that the correct term is “replica.”

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's do another ... a three pence. These coins are scarcer than the shillings, but since they are smaller, they sell for about the same amount.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:

Nice to see a Howard Edward MacIntosh piece.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file