Home Sports Talk
Options

More Tom Brady. You know you want more...

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tommy just revealed that he would trade 2 SB rings to be able to have completed the perfect 19-0 season in 2007.

I don't know which I would choose if I were him. 7 rings is certainly better than 6, but being one of 2 perfect teams in NFL history... I just don't know.

It is apparent to me though, that finally, Tommy and I have something in common. the 2007 SB loss to the giants is the single greatest sporting disappointment for both of us. it has been 14 years and I am not close to over it. I don't think I ever will be. 2007 was my favorite team of all time.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Giants got away with a hold on that play when Eli scrambled and Tyree caught the helmet pass. Giants center Shaun O'Hara even admitted that he was choking Richard Seymour on that play to keep him from sacking Eli. I know that holding is a penalty that the refs don't always catch, but the Giants did get away with a blatant hold on that play, and the perpetrator even admitted it.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't all that shocked when the Giants won during the attempt at a perfect season...but I really didn't think it would happen twice!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:
    I wasn't all that shocked when the Giants won during the attempt at a perfect season...but I really didn't think it would happen twice!

Going into the last week of the season, I remember wanting the Patriots to lose to the Giants. I felt like a loss in the regular season would guarantee a SB victory, by humbling the team and taking away the undefeated season pressure. Of course I wasn't thinking that they would have to then play that same team in the SB.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 9:58PM

I believe he meant it. I was devastated for months. Now I'm only very annoyed

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I share Brady’s frustration. That Patriots team put together the greatest season in the history of the NFL. They had a much tougher regular season schedule that year than the 1972 Dolphins and had to play two extra games to boot. After achieving that, they lost to the stinking New York Giants, one of my two least favorite teams, who conveniently peaked at the end of the year.

If you look at the record, the Dolphins played in a weak division and got to play a lot of their schedule against teams with less than .500 records. The Patriots had to play all of the top teams in the league and often had to beat them on their home turf. That Super Bowl game ruined a great effort.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best.
    Game.
    Ever.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

I fixed it....

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Best. Worst.
    Game.
    Ever.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 12:15PM

@Justacommeman said:

m

I was disappointed and terribly upset for awhile but I will tell you I was more “Angry” in 2011, like I was seriously not disappointed but Pissed off because I felt like they just didn’t show up. Brady throwing that 75 yard bomb to nobody down the center of the field when he was in the end zone to get a safety just set the game in motion. Then after Gronk and Matt Light are partying it up In a club right after the loss. I was pissed off for a while. If you think about it, from 2007-2012 was a huge waste

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 12:28PM

I watched the "2007" in a bar in NYC surrounded by Giants fans. My therapist says I will never fully recover

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I watched the "2007" in a bar in NYC surrounded by Giants fans. My therapist says I will never fully recover

m

God that must have been horrible 😳

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I was disappointed and terribly upset for awhile but I will tell you I was more “Angry” in 2011, like I was seriously not disappointed but Pissed off because I felt like they just didn’t show up. Brady throwing that 75 yard bomb to nobody down the center of the field when he was in the end zone to get a safety just set the game in motion. Then after Gronk and Matt Light are partying it up In a club right after the loss. I was pissed off for a while. If you think about it, from 2007-2012 was a huge waste

I was also bothered by that Matt Light video 😂😂😂. Wasn't he dancing shirtless? Or am I misremembering?

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

somehow I missed the whole partying in the club thing. I must have been so despondent at the time I just checked out of sports for awhile.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I was also bothered by that Matt Light video 😂😂😂. Wasn't he dancing shirtless? Or am I misremembering?

Yes your remembering correctly. It really pissed me off because I was so mad and they didn’t give a crap 🙄

• Options
    edited May 6, 2021 4:05AM

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

somehow I missed the whole partying in the club thing. I must have been so despondent at the time I just checked out of sports for awhile.

I didn’t listen or watch anything sports related for months after that

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I didn’t listen or wat h anything sports related for months after that

I had to avoid all sports related content, like someone desperate to avoid a spoiler from their favorite show. 😂 Just didn't want to hear it. And of course there was then that wait until the next SB. The goal line moment. The return of the pain. Then the Malcolm Butler interception. It was such sweet redemption.

• Options

I remember in that seattle SB thinking in the fourth quarter that they scored too fast and left too much time on the clock. thank heavens for malcom butler. he deserved that truck tom gave him

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I remember in that seattle SB thinking in the fourth quarter that they scored too fast and left too much time on the clock. thank heavens for malcom butler. he deserved that truck tom gave him

I was at my girlfriends house and her daughters husband was there who is not a sports fan at all and he was rooting for Seattle just because he is the type of guy that wants everyone to be miserable so eventually during the game I had to lock myself in the upstairs bedroom to avoid seriously hurting him. I was so annoyed I literally almost shut it off to avoid seeing what I thought was going to be Lynch smashing in the end zone for the game winning TD. Glad I didn’t lol

• Options

Once that crazy catch was made over near the pile on, I was getting serious flashbacks to the giant's SB. It all felt so inevitable. I will never forget jumping off the couch and dancing like a maniac when Butler made that pick. One of the most exciting plays I have ever watched.

I also remember thinking that Brady needed to have room to get the knee down without taking a safety. then Seattle made the 5-yard penalty and it was game, set, match.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭

Brady just bought a new bigger better yacht ( $6,000,000) so he will have more room to make a better pass next year.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, he can’t buy the flying DeLorean that is needed no matter how much money he’s got.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read where Tom just bought a new yacht.

He already had one, but this one is bigger.

• Options

well, for Tommy, I dont know that I would call a $6MM vessel a yacht.

more like a large boat.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    well, for Tommy, I dont know that I would call a $6MM vessel a yacht.

more like a large boat.

A fisherman could catch a blue whale with that boat. LOL