Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Arkansas to remove sales tax from gold and silver, could more states follow?

coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arkansas just passed a bill to remove sales tax from gold and silver as they look into the metals to use as a form of money, more states could follow. the new bill will take effect October 1st.
https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-05-04/Arkansas-removes-sales-tax-from-gold-and-silver-more-U-S-states-to-follow.html

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d love it if TN would follow suit — and remove sales tax on coin purchases.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that could happen as more states are looking into using gold and silver as a form of payment, i can't give a exact timeline, but i think more states will follow sometime this year

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

In NYS, there are specific parameters defined as to when sales tax will - or will not - be levied on gold and silver coins. It all has to do with final price and relation to PM content. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    In NYS, there are specific parameters defined as to when sales tax will - or will not - be levied on gold and silver coins. It all has to do with final price and relation to PM content. Cheers, RickO

Sales tax rules by state ....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD... Good link, that is where I get my information when checking sales tax requirements. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file