Home U.S. Coin Forum

$1800 gold again today?

1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have been teased several times of recent. Maybe today is the day?

As of now:

GOLD $1,793.09 (+23.74)

Comments

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice indeed.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ethereum and Palladium, rocking the Casbah.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly, though $27 silver seems more likely.....Cheers, RickO

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but with the slip in the dollar against other major currencies over the past few weeks, gold is actually going down in price, just not in dollars. It takes the same amount of dollars to buy gold now but less pounds or euros now to buy the same amount of gold. So buy in pounds or euros but they cost more dollars now. So you get less gold for your money. It's going down in price, just not in dollars. Gold-Dollar-Foreign Exchange-It's 3D chess.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Yup, again, cool!

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 6:19PM

As soon as I see a thread lead like this, I short the metal. I recommend you treat my metals predictions equally optimistically >:)

But then again I called rhodium last April.. Or was it the year before?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ethereum $3400

Ethereum $3500

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 6:13PM

unobtanium - one bitcoin per micro-gram ;)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am kind of shocked how silver has under performed most other assets since the great financial crisis of 2008. I remember silver selling for $19 back then. Today it's only a lowly $27. A pitiful return over 13 years. Compare that to the stock market or to almost any cryptocurrency asset.

• CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

+$1800 is finally here!

edited May 6, 2021 8:13AM

I agree Winged liberty, silver has way under performed but I would not want to compare anything to crypto returns, right now!
    Comparison is the thief of joy, after all.

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    I am kind of shocked how silver has under performed most other assets since the great financial crisis of 2008. I remember silver selling for $19 back then. Today it's only a lowly $27. A pitiful return over 13 years. Compare that to the stock market or to almost any cryptocurrency asset.

Why would this surprise you? It is pretty much the way silver has always been. Gold, too. They generally do not move steadily in one direction for long periods of time.

Last March, silver was $15. And silver was $40 right after the financial crisis. So if you pick two different dates, you'll see a very different story.

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

• GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

I bought some ETH at 700. Now I want to use it to buy a coin but........what if it keeps going up......but what if it goes back down. Frozen

I hear ya Gazes, I unfroze long enough to purchase this:

@MilesWaits said:
    I hear ya Gazes, I unfroze long enough to purchase this:

Nice! If it goes back down I will kick myself for not getting something. On the other hand, I never thought it would go up this much so fast to get something in the first place. Will probably sell part of it.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gazes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

I bought some ETH at 700. Now I want to use it to buy a coin but........what if it keeps going up......but what if it goes back down. Frozen

It’s a nice problem to have.

@Gazes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

I think I mentioned before that I always liked Ethereum. Developers are actually building for the network and they actually use the ethereum network, unlike most crypto.

I'm still holding my ethereum. But I did sell all the other cryptosc that I had

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ride!

@skier07 said:

@Gazes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

It’s a nice problem to have.

Your post actually made me feel better :)

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Crackout said:
    +$1800 is finally here!

And within 3 days.

GOLD $1,816.75 (+29.44)

Ethereum nearing $3600

I think I mentioned before that I always liked Ethereum. Developers are actually building for the network and they actually use the ethereum network, unlike most crypto.

I'm still holding my ethereum. But I did sell all the other cryptosc that I had

Those with significant profits sometimes feel as if selling is an all or nothing deal when it is not.
    You can always sell just a portion of your position, even a fraction of a “coin” and take some off the table to invest elsewhere- or take profits- while keeping a portion for that “just in case it keeps running to the moon”.

I too have some Etherium, along with a handful of other Crypocurrencies and I did just that when Bitcoin had that huge run up in 2017. I kept a decent portion of that initial investment while taking a healthy chuck of profits to spend on other things. I had purchased prior to that in very early 2017, ETH at under $300 even. When it all tanked after the 2017 run up, I held on, pretty much forgetting it and considering it dead money. Well, it has really surprised me with its tremendous run up!

My point isn’t so much to gloat over this- which I admittedly am doing ;-)
    but, to point out that one can take off part of a position while still holding on to some, if only holding a token fraction of the previous position. There are many investments that- had I done THIS, over the years, instead of bailing on all- even that former “token” position would have amounted to tremendous windfalls!

Just sharing some hard earned investment wisdom here friends.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Back over $1800 again:

GOLD $1,809.31 (+2.59)

GOLD $1,781.17 (+15.65)

At least gold appears to be creeping back up to $1800 once again.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure like silver 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $1,781.17 (+15.65)

.......until the market manipulators push it back down again. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver should be 10 times as much as copper, and gold should be 10 times as much as silver. Easier to keep track of that way, just like in D&D. 😜

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $1,781.17 (+15.65)

Looks like today (Friday) may see $1800 + going into the weekend if this week's upward movement is maintained.

As Friday arrives:

GOLD $1,793.80 (+10.20)

• ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

DWAC did quite well today, wish I’d brought more. Guess I’ll pull my stop loss and sell half for a nice profit since after hour trading strong.

There you go. 18 for a minute 🤠

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin value calculations use the 5:23 AM PDT gold price for October 22, 2021:
    Gold $1799.32/oz 15.72

Frank

BHNC #203

@Treashunt said:
    Gold $1799.32/oz 15.72

Well it changes every second. Currently 1804.20

@jmlanzaf said:

@Treashunt said:
    Gold $1799.32/oz 15.72

Well it changes every second. Currently 1804.20

yup:

Gold $1804.74/oz 21.14

Frank

BHNC #203

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun to watch, but I'm glad I rode index funds over the past 3 decades instead of piling up gold in the corner and watching it not tarnish.

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    Fun to watch, but I'm glad I rode index funds over the past 3 decades instead of piling up gold in the corner and watching it not tarnish.

Agreed. Gold is really best for traders not hoarders over long time frames.

wow:

Gold $1812.66/oz 29.06

Frank

BHNC #203

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not this week

Oct 22, 2021 17:00 NY Time

Bid/Ask 1792.00 / 1793.00

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Is this the thread where people come to check the gold spot price? :tongue:
    I sure hope somebody keeps updating it every few minutes...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    edited October 22, 2021 2:31PM

@moursund said:

No this is the thread for dreamers 😉🙀

• pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting close. $1793 today.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold and silver price expectations have a direct correlation on how exciting the coin market is to many people. When prices are stagnant or low compared to expectations, many people lose interest in common coins as well. It is not necessarily the actual price of precious metals but the price compared to the expectations people have based on the media, the economy, history, and even social media.

I am curious if coin dealers agree with this assessment. What do you think?

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

Add kitco.com to your favorites list on your computer.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Top right of this page, Coinflation.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $1,781.17 (+15.65)

[ At least gold appears to be creeping back up to $1800 once again.]

Key word "Appears" - Hey, Look over here - Gold is creeping up - DON'T look over here, so is the cost of gas and food. It's a vicious scenario..........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $1,781.17 (+15.65)

[ At least gold appears to be creeping back up to $1800 once again.]

Key word "Appears" - Hey, Look over here - Gold is creeping up - DON'T look over here, so is the cost of gas and food. It's a vicious scenario..........

Yeah, gold may beat inflation in the near term (or not) but not my cup of tea for investment

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

[ Yeah, gold }

Gold? It don't run my lawnmower, or fill my freezer so I can feed my family!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file