Home Precious Metals
Options

Banks and financial institutions worldwide have pulled all-nighters all weekend.

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 18, 2021 11:07PM in Precious Metals

Hello. I come bringing information for you again. I think if there was ever a last chance to buy gold or silver, it's now.

The working theory is that MOASS is coming (Mother of All Short Squeezes) for GameStop, silver, and.. well, everything. Another theory is this is a financial collapse. Of course we can't prove that or tell the future, but usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

Here is a metric buttload of sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtgr19/a_breakdown_of_citadels_overnight_activity/

Citadel Securities, one of the biggest players in this GameStop fiasco, has a physical location in Chicago, IL. Someone found out that there were thousands of Google Maps check-ins in the middle of the night on a Sunday. So, people started looking at financial institutions around the world.

Citadel, JP Morgan, BOA, Deutsche Bank, and Goldman Sachs locations across the globe all had the same type of data spikes. The cell phone data showed that not only did they exceed the daily average, there were more peoples phones checking in than their all-time highs!

What could all these financial institutions be doing in the middle of the night on a weekend?

Once people brought all this to light, cell phone checkin data disappeared (EVERYONE shut off their phones and/or tracking data within 8 minutes).

Someone left his apartment and took a photo of the building to see what lights were on. Another user looked up the data on building layout and who is where.

The bottom floor is JP Morgan, the middle floor is Citadel's legal teams, and the top floor is executives.

All of these institutions are closed on weekends. You can Google their address and call a nearby business and ask if it's normal to see if you don't believe Google's data. Alternatively, ask people on Facebook or Twitter who live in the area.

Citadel layout

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtddmi/confirmed_32_floor_is_ken_griffins_shitadel_lower/

Citadel Toronto overnight meeting

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtpe27/possible_citadel_overnight_meeting_in_toronto_gta/

Deutsche Bank Headquarters

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtpe27/possible_citadel_overnight_meeting_in_toronto_gta/

The city of Chicago's trending google search terms last night: "whistleblower", "felony", and "panic attack".

A user checked out Citadel's building with his drone. Shortly thereafter, Google search results in the area showed "drone laws illegal", "illegal drones", and "drone laws".

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mt8m63/mission_chimpossible/

This stuff is happening in Dubai, Hamburg, Spain.

Here is Brazil:

Citadel

Citadel

JP Morgan

BOA

Financial district of London

Citadel is pulling another all-nighter.

This guy called a nearby hotel to ask if this was normal. It's not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mt91xx/the_entire_citadel_building_is_glowing_at_430_am/

Here is a link to Citadel renewing their lease for the top floors.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20121120/CRED03/121129982/citadel-investment-group-shrinks-downtown-chicago-headquarters

Here is a deep dive analyzing all of Chicago's search data.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtfztd/chicago_search_trends_past_24hrs/

Subway in Amsterdam's financial district

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mthnma/in_response_to_the_london_financial_district_tube/

Citadel Toronto, Toronto stock exchange (according to the restaurant on their first floor):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtnqq4/high_activity_at_citadel_toronto_toronto_stock/

Mexico City

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

good investigative reporting. Que the trolls.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 4:09AM

Thank you for reading.

I've been waiting for this moment my whole adult life, and now it might be here and I don't know what to do. (Except buy more and hold.)

These people took everything from us. I had friends who killed themselves over the last financial crash. My dad was never the same. I couldn't land a career type job until the next generation of grads did. I lost my university job because of the crash and I believe if it hadn't happened, I'd have fulfilled a career path that I studied for 6 years.

These people stole 60 years of wealth from my ww2 vet grandfather as they continued to suppress the price. He stacked for over half a century and these people made sure he died broke. One could argue he would have lived longer if he could afford surgery or meds. I very much believe these rich people and their friends are responsible for his young death and suffering.

Sure the money will be great with $500 silver. But it's so much more than that for me. This is beautiful. I've never felt so fulfilled and excited as an adult before. It's a real life dream come true. The best part? It's just gonna keep getting better. These all-nighters are going to inhibit brain function and decision making during a frightening and emotional time. It's only a matter of time until they make more mistakes.

I already know what it's like to lose everything. They don't, and I know it scares the living daylights out of them.

"Danske Bank's CEO is stepping down after suspicion of breaking the law" Did DB work at night this weekend? Yes.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Wonder what all the pow-wowing is going to be about.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 6:08AM

Oh wait, was the weekend warrior action related to the treasury announcing crypto laundering prosecution as well? Gotta be a little part of it.

• Options
    dan_marinellidan_marinelli Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

Stay diversified! You never know who is going to come out on top.

Successful transactions here and ATS with: jwitten, Rob41281, bajjerfan, cucamongacoin, Jim F., physics-fan3.14, x2rider, Wahoo554, Weather11am, Relaxn, jimineez1, Ronyahski, Bliggity, SurfinxHI, McGrump (thru BAJJERFAN), ms71, Downtown1974, ad4400

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 7:42AM

The dominos are falling.

Credit Suisse and 1 US-Investment Bank had emergency meetings in Frankfurt, Germany

(Being bought out?)

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mtwqg6/intel_credit_suisse_and_1_usinvestment_bank_had/

Another hedge fund bites the dust:

SEC:

Gary Gensler hates shorting and loves bitcoin. He's finishing out the rest of the last guy's term as head of the SEC and has already secured another five year term.

New regulations take effect 4/22 which require all short sellers to prove they can back up their shares. They've had 58 days to drum up funds. Probably why $30bn in bonds were just issued by banks.

If BoA truly is short $2n silver.. we are all rich. Like ugly rich never do a damn thing again rich.

People are going wild about cashing out their IRAs to a cash balance.. even my extended family in MN is trashing all their stocks.

I bet we got 36h until pure bedlam.

Edit/Update:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information.... Fasten seat belts and remain seated.....Could be rough weather ahead. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 9:42AM

This "information" brings up lots of questions.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve spent a lot of late nights with bankers over the years. They just seem to enjoy it.

Higashiyama
  • Options

maybe this thread belongs in the "Great Reset" thread. ;)

• Options

@cohodk said:

As it very well should.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

As it very well should.

I imagine my questions are much different than yours.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

My primary question is, What is expected to happen? Is silver going to rise in value to $500 per oz. on Wednesday?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

As it very well should.

Of course. My questions concern what was presented, not who presented it.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

As it very well should.

Right. Any chance someone who understands the premise of the thread can summarize the main point and prediction in a couple sentences??

• Options
    edited April 20, 2021 5:06AM

Main point: Lots of all night employee activity over the weekend at numerous, different big financial headquarters. Likely checking their hedge fund exposure. The race is on to be at the front of the line to sell leveraged shares. Another example of derivatives risk.

Prediction: These big money playas got a heads up on an upcoming major, negative, economic development that will affect them personally. Does anyone remember all the big bank pow wows as the last US banking crisis unfolded? Crisis most likely involves further major losses by the big boys as more hedge funds blow up. All night meetings/activity likely focused on exposure, fallout and internal changes as a result of recent and projected losses due to major fund failures.

On Monday Credit Suisse announced prime brokerage Co-Heads to leave bank after it losses in the hedge fund Archegos blowup.. This partiuclar blowup is likely just the tip of the iceberg and a good possibility that the weekend warriors were called in to get ahead of the fallout.

Affect on metals? None until the muzzled financial news outlets let the cat out of the bag. Containment is usually short lived when it comes to a financial crisis.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

As it very well should.

I have no questions about the OP as i think we all know who he is.

I would have questions around the actual "information". Unlike you, i do not believe what read on the internet. I also do not have a need for or seek out constant and continual confirmation bias.

There are myriad questions. Too bad most dont know what to ask.

• Options

@derryb said:
    Main point: Lots of all night employee activity over the weekend at numerous, different big financial headquarters.

If Occam got out his razor he may surmise the cleaning crew. And hed probably be right.

• Options

@cohodk said:
    Unlike you, i do not believe what read on the internet.

buy the rumor. . .

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:
    Main point: Lots of all night employee activity over the weekend at numerous, different big financial headquarters.

If Occam got out his razor he may surmise the cleaning crew. And hed probably be right.

You might be right. All nighter shredding documents. lol

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 12:32PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

You might be right. All nighter shredding documents. lol

Some people always see ghosts.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 1:20PM

Thanks, that helps. Sincerely.
    All right, next question, also seriously looking for genuine non sarcastic advice,

Assuming someone has diversified investments in the major asset classes including PMs, and some cash,
    What sort of opportunities might one expect? Profit taking in a sector? Buying Quality assets lower than current prices?
    Should I be concerned about ALL quality assets crashing in value?
    I'd be pretty bummed out if
    They "took everything"

Or is it a specific coordinated short squeeze on physical silver?
    Physical silver is very heavy and expensive to ship, take delivery of, store, and insure.

• Options

@cohodk said:

and others let ghosts sneak up on them

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    hedge fund Archegos

Archegos was not a hedge fund. there was an uber-rich person who once was in the financial industry but was barred. this person then set up a personal front to trade personal money. the investments were obviously leveraged and if one was following a bit on the news, were concentrated in a couple of stocks. The exact size of exposure in these stocks was disguised by spreading money around to many accounts. one negative news broke, the stock price broke. once the stock price broke, so did the ability to meet margin calls. in this case the various players on the other side are having to eat the losses since the margin calls were not made. While I did not read an article saying so, I can imagine this person is now bankrupt.

Any cloak and dagger conspiracy theories arising from this massive debacle are just talk. Some dude did some financially suicidal things and the worst happened. This Archegos situation is sizable but contained to one person's personal accounts.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Baley said:

Assuming someone has diversified investments in the major asset classes including PMs, and some cash,
    What sort of opportunities might one expect? Profit taking in a sector? Buying Quality assets lower than current prices?
    Should I be concerned about ALL quality assets crashing in value?
    I'd be pretty bummed out if
    They "took everything"

This is just another indication of the coming asset bubble destruction. We have known for some time that this is coming and you should already have the answers to your questions. If in fact it will not be different this time, cash will likely be king. On the other hand we know the dollar has its own set of problems. Cryptos just might be the answer, at least til asset markets have bled out.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 2:48PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@derryb said:
    hedge fund Archegos

Archegos was not a hedge fund. there was an uber-rich person who once was in the financial industry but was barred. this person then set up a personal front to trade personal money. the investments were obviously leveraged and if one was following a bit on the news, were concentrated in a couple of stocks. The exact size of exposure in these stocks was disguised by spreading money around to many accounts. one negative news broke, the stock price broke. once the stock price broke, so did the ability to meet margin calls. in this case the various players on the other side are having to eat the losses since the margin calls were not made. While I did not read an article saying so, I can imagine this person is now bankrupt.

Archegos, regardless of whose money was being invested, is a hedge fund. And if only personal money was being gambled why are the sugar daddy banks who providing funding leverage out $10B? Leverage/fractional banking is the rot in all things financial. Those and their shareholders who provide and support it deserve the losses it gives them.

Any cloak and dagger conspiracy theories arising from this massive debacle are just talk. Some dude did some financially suicidal things and the worst happened. This Archegos situation is sizable but contained to one person's personal accounts.

lol. tell that to global banks that lost a projected $10B and were likely meeting in the wee hours this past weekend figuring out how to deal with the fallout. Look for more losses as more hedge funds and their easy-money-seeking sugar daddy banks suffer the same fate. This "contained debacle" could easily be the fuse/black swan for a Wall St. meltdown. Bubbles are not picky about who holds the pin.

And tell it to other hedge funds and their investors who will likely suffer financially from the changes in policy at the banks who bankroll them. And while your at it tell it to all the stockholders who will lose in the likely event the Archegos "contained" incident is in fact a cancer in the financial markets.

My bet: the ramifications of the Archegos episode will reach far into financial markets for some time. Apparently a lot of financial giants spent a lot of overtime and burned a lot of light bulbs this weekend for what they think is a very good reason. They are scared of something and it will most likely not remain a mystery.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 3:37PM

news stories that say otherwise to yours that say otherwise:

Archegos is the family investment vehicle owned by Mr. Hwang, a former protégé of hedge-fund titan Julian Robertson.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-is-archegos-and-how-did-it-rattle-the-stock-market-11617044982?mod=article_inline

Family offices like Archegos take big risks like hedge funds
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/archegos-risks-hedge-funds

Reconsidering, Archegos was making the bets. I hope the person did not have it structured that put outside wealth at risk, too. I assume tthat is the case and the person just toasted Archegos' money (his own) and is not personally bankrupt.

Archegos’ Bill Hwang created wealth at a historic pace before losing it all, a FOX Business investigation shows
    Hedge fund's profits boosted fortunes of evangelical college in New York
    (note the mixed use of hedge fund. it's not a hedge fund. it's an operation to invest personal funds)
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/archegos-bill-hwang-saw-net-worth-skyrocket-in-a-few-years

as for why the trading firms are having to eat the losses, that is what must happen. once all exposed assets in the accounts are eaten, and there are still more losses to pay on the margin calls who pays them? the firms that hold the accounts. This could happen in your brokerage account. If you had 100 shares of coin, then bought 100 more on margin, then all can be well for a long time. if coin gaps down from $300 to $100, then there's trouble. you'd have borrowed $300x100shares = $30,000. your account would be worth $100x200 = $20,000. If there is a margin call and the brokerage can't seize enough of your assets to cover that $10,000 then the brokerage would have to pay the people on the other side of the trade the rest of the money.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2021 3:33PM

Oh suddenly people are concerned about these massive cash infusions and lack of stock fundamentals.

As for silver, I'm pretty sure that's why these bank CEOs are being dragged in front of Congress in May.

There is "no value left in the stock market" according to BlackRock, who manages trillions in assets.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/19/market-feels-a-bit-frothy-says-blackrocks-rick-rieder.html

You guys know this isn't just GameStop right? They short the s* out of silver. 4/22 is gonna be a great day when all these short sellers have to prove they can cover before they can short.

Got $2tn, Bank of America?

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Oh wait, was the weekend warrior action related to the treasury announcing crypto laundering prosecution as well? Gotta be a little part of it.

Yeah the word is that they pumped and dumped crypto (e.g., all the 50-60k swings) to drum up funds to cover their shorts.

Robinhood is being investigated by the FBI.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 3:49PM

The call for megabanks to appear before congress is likely about their cozy, rule breaking relationships with hedge funds.

"The most dangerous aspect of the Archegos matter is that the mega banks on Wall Street had created a way for these lucrative family office hedge funds to dodge both Federal Reserve margin rules and SEC reporting rules. Under the Fed’s Regulation T, the banks should have demanded 50 percent initial margin for the stock trades in a margin account at a broker-dealer. But the banks structured their arrangement with Archegos as a derivatives contract, not a margin account, which the banks assert kept the ownership of the stocks with them while giving Archegos the upside and downside of the stock performance. The banks collected lucrative fees for this arrangement."

"This structure also prevented the hedge fund from having to file reports of its stock holdings (known as a form 13F filing) with the SEC. Thus Archegos was able to operate without the awareness of regulators. There are approximately 3,000 family offices globally, raising the question as to just how many more Archegos-type blowups are still lurking out there."

Look for the Archegos fiasco to be the straw that broke the financial markets' back.

• Options

@Higashiyama said:
    I’ve spent a lot of late nights with bankers over the years. They just seem to enjoy it.

"Your Google data and sources are wrong. I'm right because I worked with a few people once."

Ok buddy

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently there's a nut job (or two) born every second. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 5:16PM

@MsMorrisine said:

Archegos is the family investment vehicle owned by Mr. Hwang, a former protégé of hedge-fund titan Julian Robertson.

Archegos is a hedge fund hiding behind the guise of a "family office" in hopes of avoiding the tighter controls put on hedge funds by the Dodd Frank legislation. Look for the attention of their failure to flush out many "family offices" who are skirting federal regulation as well as flush out the megabanks who are helping them do it. Very likely this is the reason the megabank heads are being hauled before congressional committees May 26 and May 27. The likely outcome of this congressional "investigation" will be larger contributions to committee member re-election PACs.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Apparently there's a nut job (or two) born every second. RGDS!

You were right when you said this place gets nuttier and nuttier everyday.

It will be fun to come back to this thread a year from now.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

and others let ghosts sneak up on them

BOO!!

Haha...That never gets old.

• Options

As usual, the trolls have no bark when it comes to substance.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Perhaps you and the OP were the trolls all along? Bring your cohort on in with some political comment and get another thread shut down. CNGRTS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 4:38PM

If you're crediting the actions of the financial institutions that manage a majority of folks long term finances and then spend time discrediting the desire to watchdog the actions they take as a flag to watch your money......you support the agenda no matter what and are part of the problem.

I don't care who gets offended by that statement....ever.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 4:58PM

I will guess the unstated reason for the “banking” committee meetings is over Archegos.

What can’t be done about them is having banks communicate to each other what derivatives a customer named X has. Duh.

So if some X wants to write naked calls with 20 different firms and there is a 100% underlying price gap up, then X could still get calls.

“Know Your Customer” — unfortunately can’t be “share customer positions.”

As mentioned in the last article the “total return swaps” avoid regulatory reporting of 5% or more of a company’s shared being held by 1 entity. A good subject for an oversight hearing and action. Perhaps the “total return swaps” will be banned. It sounds like they need to be.

Perhaps the firms with losses can sue the Archegos leadership if there were any breaches of the investment agreement between the two firms.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 5:14PM

If the leveraging firms' greed overlooked full disclosure from their client, they deserve the losses. Fractional financial markets are a cancer.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

I have some advice: LEXAPRO!

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 5:38PM

@derryb said:

As soon as something of substance is substantiated then a proper discussion can commence. There is no substance in the OP's post. No proof of when photos were taken. No timestamp on the Google screenshots. No scaling on the Google screenshots---We see a red bar, but is that 2 people when usually there is only one? Some dude flies his drone around a building and then wonders if he could get in trouble? The Google search terms thing is just plain stupid and of no relevance. There is lots of hearsay from anonymous interweb participants---so what else is new?

hey, if you guys wanna see things that arent there, then have it. Youve been seeing things for decades. Dont try to bully others who prefer fact and evidence over illusion and assumption.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Stock market at all time high. Banks with record profits. Unemployment at 50 year lows. Inflation almost nonexistant. Yeah, financial system cant handle it. Lol.

And...while rates rose from the lows in 2016 the stock market rallied 50%.

Yeah..i was wrong. Lol

LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL

This is one of your "classic" posts from a year and a half ago (October 2019).

How have things worked out since then ?
    Not so well ?

"Inflation almost nonexistent" ?

A lumber 2x4 that costs $2.50 last year is about $8 now ?
    That should set off a lot of alarms.

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

And the weird thing about that is that there’s several saw mills around me that are just FULL of lumber. I’d assume the opposite so maybe they’re being inflated for whatever reason.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

So, getting back to @Baley's earlier post, what are the takeaways? As I understand things:

1. Lights may have been on in assorted skyscrapers over the weekend
    2. To some, that suggests that bankers are working overtime to address an impending crisis
    3. Higashiyama met a banker once; bankers seem to like to work long hours, so he's not especially concerned
    4. Cohodk points out that cleaning people come through at night, so he's not particularly concerned
    5. Baley points out that if you're adequately diversified, you'll probably survive a crisis, so he's not particularly concerned

How long will we need to wait to determine whether we're in a crisis?

Higashiyama
  • Options

When it affects YOUR finances?

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time the internet flew their drones around (shorts scouting TSLA parking lots in 2019), they ended up so spectacularly wrong that someone may make a movie about it someday.

• Options

@derryb said: "When it affects YOUR finances?"

That's not very specific, and it's a bit too Ayn Randish. I care about other people's finances and well-being, not just my own.

So, to make it less personal and more specific, let me ask the following:

How long before a crisis (a) sends broad equity indices down more than 50 % without a significant recovery over the next five years, or (b) leads to sustained high inflation. (eg, average double digits for a decade or average >20 % for five years)

Higashiyama
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2021 9:24PM

Webull released an article about the MOASS that doesn't exist.

It's not just coming for GameStop. It's coming for everything. $SLV is finally toast because of the new regulations. This is going to be a disaster and I really couldn't have asked for more.

I'm going to buy so much gold and silver. I hope everybody got out of bonds.

Like six months ago I mentioned I bet the whole system is fraudulent, none of the assets are real, COMEX doesn't have the silver, RH doesn't have BTC or $GME, the shorts can never cover.

Well I wasn't too far off I'm afraid. The entire thing is a scam, all of it.. all our markets.. none of these assets exist, anywhere. It's the scandal of our lifetimes. You guys have seen them short silver. Turns out they short everything.

https://youtu.be/AaalT8rn9lc

On the real, if you guys have any big purchases, you'd better make them now. The people who will be walking out of this fell in love with silver when hedge funds ran the propaganda about them loving silver.

• Options
    edited April 20, 2021 5:10AM

@Higashiyama said:
    @derryb said: "When it affects YOUR finances?"

That's not very specific, and it's a bit too Ayn Randish. I care about other people's finances and well-being, not just my own.

So, to make it less personal and more specific, let me ask the following:

How long before a crisis (a) sends broad equity indices down more than 50 % without a significant recovery over the next five years, or (b) leads to sustained high inflation. (eg, average double digits for a decade or average >20 % for five years)

What I really enjoy about your posts vs. the trolls is your ability to remain objective. Thank-you.

As you know, the ability to answer your questions at this moment would make one a god. My best answer is we are on our way. The current crisis of bank exposure on greatly increased margin debt could quickly get us there.