Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ow my this is so hilarious LOL πŸ˜‚

markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 14, 2021 7:43AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Yea this is a super rare gold coin LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

https://www.ebay.com/itm/gold-dollar-coin-1945-1953/184438899232?hash=item2af16a4220:g:XjkAAOSwZM9fV6Yq
Hope someone reports this

Comments

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

πŸ˜‚

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

But free shipping !! :p

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I bet you don't have one that looks just like it.

Asking that price for that listing, the seller, ede_avil, might want to swap an "e" and the "a" and become ade_evil

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contacting the seller and explaining to him what he has is out of the question, then?

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Customers are happy, 100% positive fb.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    you want funny huh?

i can't tell you how many times people post images like that in the op only for me to come along and try to click various aspects of the images thinking i am on an ebay page and then think to myself, what the heck is wrong with ebay THIS time. :s:'(:#

Were you trying to hit the "Buy it Now" button?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    you want funny huh?

i can't tell you how many times people post images like that in the op only for me to come along and try to click various aspects of the images thinking i am on an ebay page and then think to myself, what the heck is wrong with ebay THIS time. :s:'(:#

Yep, and I was just trying to click on the other ebay pictures before I realized why it wasn't working... I feel your pain and now embarrassment... :s

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notified the seller the coin isn't gold, was minted in 2015 and not during Truman's terms in office, and it's only worth $1.00.

eBay's reporting link sucks by providing only rigid choices and no ability to explain the problem. Is there a link to eBay that allows one some freedom to explain the problem?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:
    I notified the seller the coin isn't gold, was minted in 2015 and not during Truman's terms in office, and it's only worth $1.00.

eBay's reporting link sucks by providing only rigid choices and no ability to explain the problem. Is there a link to eBay that allows one some freedom to explain the problem?

i am unaware there is any other option. meaning it won't let me submit without an explanation! weird.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

There seems to be an awful lot of this type of stuff on ebay in the last year. Sellers with low or no feedback asking outrageous money for common stuff; errors and varieties that are obviously not what they are portrayed to be, etc.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has eBay become a haven for Lunatics, these days?? LOL!!

β€œI may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...looks like the before pictures in a Tide advertisement ;)

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fathom said:
    Customers are happy, 100% positive fb.

Note: all the feedback is as a buyer.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only he hadn't drilled the hole in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable... and even claims PCGS....Not one thing about that listing is accurate - well, other than it is $1. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerfan said:
    Has eBay become a haven for Lunatics, these days?? LOL!!

Become? It has always attracted it's fair share.

Seriously, I started another thread recently asking what we could do about blatant rip offs not on Ebay but on other auction venues and Facebook. There were no good answers and no new ideas. If there were an easy answer we would have done it.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

:#:s:#
    There, I said it all.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    you want funny huh?

Yep, and I was just trying to click on the other ebay pictures before I realized why it wasn't working... I feel your pain and now embarrassment... :s

Don't feel bad.

I confess to the same thing.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

would it be terrible if someone sent seller toilet paper with help oil in it for pita's that post things like that?

• Options

I keep reporting it for all sorts of incorrect reasons because eBay doesn't allow one the flexibility to explain the issue. And it's still listed.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2021 3:11PM

Reported again yet it is still listed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list