Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sacagawea Dollar Coins 2000-2008 Discussion Thread

Just started buying and collecting Sacagawea dollar coins. Looking for fellow Sac collectors here to share stories and pics. I have been buying up 2000 and 2001's in 2x2 cardboard holders. Probably wont submit them but Im enjoying finding them.

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

2000 and 2001 have the highest mintages

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a link to the 2000 -2008 proof sets. Enjoy!
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/dollars/sacagawea-dollars-specialty-sets/sacagawea-dollars-eagle-flight-reverse-proof-2000-2008/5825
    Are you collecting just business strikes, proofs or both?
    Wayne :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/dollars/sacagawea-dollars-specialty-sets/sacagawea-dollars-eagle-flight-reverse-proof-2000-2008/5825

Thanks Wayne. I have so far picked up two 2000-S and two 2001-S Proofs. And the P and D' s also for both of the years. I needed to add another coin collecting variety to my coin roll hunting. I really like the Sac dollars.

@MsMorrisine said:
    2000 and 2001 have the highest mintages

Thanks. Duly noted!

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭

It's one of the most beautiful modern designs.

@WAYNEAS said:

Forgot about the DCAMs. Those Sacagawea registry sets are great. Ive never seen so many PR70's.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021 5:33PM

I too like them as a design and as a novelty. I have many rolls, what the hell, a few proofs and use them frequently for tips.
    You chose a fun and easy to acquire series.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being a Type Collector, I have a Sacagawea Dollar;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

@oih82w8 said:
    Being a Type Collector, I have a Sacagawea Dollar;

Thanks for sharing your wounded eagle. There are so many versions of 2000 Sacagaweas it makes my head spin. Did you find yours in the wild?

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Modwriter said:

Thanks for sharing your wounded eagle. There are so many versions of 2000 Sacagaweas it makes my head spin. Did you find yours in the wild?

No, I let someone else do the hard work.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wanted one of the Glenna Goodacre specimens (5,000 made). I wish it was still in the ICG slab, but it’s in a PCGS holder. I’ll find it tomorrow- SP67.

thefinn

@thefinn said:
    I always wanted one of the Glenna Goodacre specimens (5,000 made). I wish it was still in the ICG slab, but it’s in a PCGS holder. I’ll find it tomorrow- SP67.

I just read up on the history of the Glenna Goodacre 5,000. Great story. The "Mona Lisa" of obverse coin designs. Too bad it wasnt still in the ICG slab. Good luck with your quest.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been in love with them for a while now...since around...2000 :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Kurisu said:
    I've been in love with them for a while now...since around...2000 :smiley:

😉Thanks for sharing. Your DCAM is beautiful and even your roll enders are in great condition.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a good website concerning them-

http://www.smalldollars.com/

I also collect them all, including the post 2008 issues but I keep an eye out for ones with color, like this one-

One complaint, tho-I sure wish they'd place the date where it ought to be on those after 2008-right where it used to be on the obverse of the coin.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2021 2:11AM

@olympicsos said:
    It's one of the most beautiful modern designs.

Absolutely! It's far and away the best design of our current coinage and ranks up there of all of the US coinage of the 20th and 21st century IMO.

• SnapsSnaps Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

I have a raw collection of Sac dollars. I'm working on a complete graded collection of 2000-08. I don't like every reverse design after 2008, but, there were some good ones mixed in since the reverse change. I am also using the graded collection to acquire some different TPG holders.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish they had done an issue in gold - maybe not too late? Sign me up, regardless of the mintage!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased two rolls from the mint in 2000 when they came out... still sitting in the safe. Cheers, RickO

2014-D Sacagawea Mule going to auction.
    https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8982/sacagawea-presidential-mule-at-auction/
    Does any Sac collectors know what state it was found in?

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a small 10 piece collection of toned Sacs. Couple of my favorites.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too enjoy this issue alot. I have an experimental rinse 2001 in a Global holder. I'm staring at an unopened $25 roll of 2009-P three sisters for the next rainy day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file