Home Sports Talk
Options

Please read

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've been reading a lot of good sports info on here recently. Lots of really well-researched and informative posts from several different guys. I'm learning a lot and love it.

However, I am also seeing a lot of sniping at each other over the different viewpoints in these posts. I feel the need to remind everyone that disagreement should not equate to dislike or hatred. We've all got our own feelings about athletes, and statistics can be manipulated to fit nearly any storyline. Let's all remember that. Keep the debate rolling and healthy, but leave the nastiness elsewhere. I don't want to have to begin tapping people individually.

Thanks, Todd

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

allow me to say that no matter how heated/unheated things get around here, it's never personal with me. ever. eotd, it's sports. it matters, but it doesn't. i'm fairly certain that i would flush my RSVP card down the toilet if someone attempted to put together a group expedition to go find Morag, but i'd definitely belly up to a bar with any of you knuckleheads and buy you your beverage of choice. we could talk about life, sports, cream-filled Cadbury eggs, Ken Anderson, whatevs.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Message understood. By the way @galaxy27, that Cadbury Creme Egg comment was directed toward me, and I'm making a note of it!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some posters are going down a dangerous road.

https://youtu.be/jPyYGw9Jn6w

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

The majority of the people here I genuinely enjoy talking with, I will say the Sports spectrum has many more angles to it in today’s day and age than it ever did before and it’s very easy for a lot of sports topics to go political. For me since I legitimately post as if I was in a live group setting I’ve had to bite my tongue several times since I’m a guest here but really there are a few people that I could not possibly be more on the opposite side of the fence with anymore than I am but for the most part the rules are pretty easy to abide by and I certainly appreciate the nice job Todd has done in his tenure as a Mod.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to admit I have no feelings. And I'm
    Basically just here for the GIFS.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I post on a number of other forums, and they all have their own various rules. Every one of them basically states to please read the rules before posting.

Don't forget, to us this is good fun...but to CU it is their business. A very enjoyable business to be in, but a business nevertheless. CU is not going to allow posts that will cause consternation to others and thus possibly a loss of business.

I think most everyone should understand the difference between good natured smack which is acceptable in any venue, versus personal nasty derogatory remarks. Those who can't comprehend the difference...well they will learn the hard way with an unwanted red avatar.

BTW: Whatever CU pays Todd, it isn't enough. :)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

👍👍

❤️

🇺🇸

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m just looking forward to when Todd enforces Rule #2.

@hammer1 said:

I was so disappointed watching that video, I thought for sure it was going over the edge with two knuckleheads hanging out the window plus the driver climbing out.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

Well, at least they don't have to worry about speed radar traps.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

One thing I keep in mind is PSA is selling a product, grading yes, but an overall product, which the forum is part of. The forum does reflect an arm of that product. Image is everything. Besides, one never knows the age level of some viewers. There may be minors tuning in. And if discussions got out of hand, they may be offensive to said minors. Might be an embarrassment to have them show Mom/Dad offensive commentary. I don't know if there is an age requirement to join the forum.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

May not be a minimum age requirement but we could use a minimum IQ requirement. :D

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    May not be a minimum age requirement but we could use a minimum IQ requirement. :D

Must be double digits...or at least a high single digit. :D

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021 5:51PM

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

If you can type "Mantle", you're in.

If you can't, we'll spot ya a few letters. 😉

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021 5:51PM

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Mantel

Close enough.

After all, some Ebay listings have it spelled that way. LOL

• Options

@Darin said:
    If I produce a note from my doctor saying that over the years I've taken
    many blows to the head from blunt objects could I get a pass on the IQ requirement? :*

Stick around here long enough will get you those blows to the head. :D

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest