Home U.S. Coin Forum

Walker Wednesdays

SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty simple, post a Walking Liberty on Wednesdays. Let's get the party started...

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:

>

@d9lowe said:

gorgeous coins. :)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walkers are my second favorite design, only surpassed by the Buffalo nickel.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Walkerfan.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d9lowe.... That is a super beautiful WLH.... and a very good year ... ;) Cheers, RickO

• d9lowed9lowe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @d9lowe.... That is a super beautiful WLH.... and a very good year ... ;) Cheers, RickO

Thanks @ricko!! It was my latest pickup until this morning when i checked the mail.

• AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

@d9lowe said:

Wow! What a gorgeous Walker!

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1946Hamm said:
    Here is my walker set so far. Still need a 33-s. I wanted to have all PCGS MS65 and the thumb had to show. I think I have done OK so far. The pics are scans so the luster doesn't show well. Right click the pics to see and view image to see bigger scans.

AWESOME DUDE.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII Two new picks from a coin show last Saturday. Both are blast white.
    And a photo of a 41-47 Walker Dansco album I am filling.

Nice pickups. Next time just say a ricko album. :D Now that is blast white. Beautiful album. Congrats and good luck on finishing it.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021 9:29AM

@1946Hamm FANTASTIC SET!! The 1933-S is well produced and you should have no trouble finding a suitable example. MS 65s are still pretty affordable. Technically, the 1933-S is an EARLY WALKER, so I'm not sure why PCGS includes it in their intermediate set. Again, you should be able to add one with little difficulty, though. Very well done!!! The 1934, 1934-D, 1934-S, 1935, 1935-D, 1935-S. 1936-S, 1937-D, 1937-S, 1938, 1938-D, 1939-S, 1940-S, 1941-S, 1942-S and 1944-S are all really tough and you have selected some VERY nice representatives!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1946Hamm - fully agree with Walkerfan’s assessment.
    I’ll add that the strikes on the 35D and S and the 40S are very exceptional for those issues, and a treat to see.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my slick 1917 Walker;

...the date is visible;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1946Hamm
    What a beautiful set of walkers.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple more for Walker Wednesday

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights