Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone has a 2021 Washington Crossing the Delaware Quarter in hand yet?

olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious to see how it looks like in hand?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

any special label planned for these from our host?

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not me but I look through a box of quarters every day looking for W.

Shouldn't be long until I find one! 🤣😂

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone on Reddit posted one this week. It was part of the proof set apparently.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• WALLEWALLE Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭

The banks won't get them until April 5th I think, the proof set would be the first look we will get.

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

I have the proof set, it arrived yesterday. I really like it.

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That reverse is so much better than the reverse used from 1932 thru 1998. I wish they'd adopt it permanently and stop with all these commemorative reverses already.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not happy with the design. :s
    The obverse needs to be replaced with something other than presidents.
    Maybe the Washington Monument or the US Mint(s) on the obverse and then the old style coinage art with different styles of eagles, barbers busts etc. on the reverse. Our modern day circulation coin designs are boring and plan Jane.
    Just my thoughts.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that I would love to not see Washington anymore but if we are stuck with him then at least this reverse is a lot more interesting. Shame that we will have revolving reverses again for their umpteen years.

I may actually get a silver proof set and mint set in memory of a nicer design before all the ruckus next year.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:

I may actually get a silver proof set and mint set in memory of a nicer design before all the ruckus next year.

What's going to happen next year? What ruckus is coming?

@Onastone said:

@TurtleCat said:

What's going to happen next year? What ruckus is coming?

In short the bill, H.R. 1923, authorizes:

➤ Circulating quarter dollars honoring women to be issue from 2022 through 2025.

➤ Circulating coins in multiple denominations in 2026 celebrating the U.S. semiquincentennial.

➤ Circulating quarter dollars from 2027 through 2030 celebrating youth sports.

➤ Redesigned half dollars from 2027 through 2030 with reverses celebrating sports performed by individuals with disabilities.

➤ Medals with the same designs as the coins celebrating youth sports and sports for the disabled.

➤ Award medals for the 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles.

➤ Silver bullion coins with the same designs as all of the quarter dollars and half dollars authorized from 2022 through 2030, in the now standard 5-ounce size and in “fractional sizes.”

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat Okay...that sounds like a serious Ruckus to me. Geesh and I thought this was a rough year...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be watching for the new quarter... I like the design... better than many of the 'commercials' on the SHQ's... From the above post by @TurtleCat, it looks like we will be getting interminable design changes for the foreseeable future. That also means we will not see a return to real art on our coins. Cheers, RickO

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

High demand for mint engravers?

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@ricko said:
    I will be watching for the new quarter... I like the design... better than many of the 'commercials' on the SHQ's... From the above post by @TurtleCat, it looks like we will be getting interminable design changes for the foreseeable future. That also means we will not see a return to real art on our coins. Cheers, RickO

Right, wrong, or indifferent the course is that our coins and currency will join the international community in having a myriad of themes and promotions. Hence why this is the last year I’ll be considering a proof or mint set.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just ordered the proof set yesterday so I'll have it soon. I do think the design is a bit cluttered with the "Crossing the Delaware" above Washington's arm. But, it seems most every design by the mint anymore is cluttered.....they never ask my opinion.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see how the general-circulation version comes out. Initially, I was a bit more excited to see this version, as it appeared to be more like a return to the Bicentennial quarter look & depth-of-image vs the shallower versions out there with the ATB's. It may yet turn out to be so. But on looking more & more at it, I'd have been just as happy to have made that Bicen. reverse the standard going forward than any of the anticipated designs for the next 10 or so years..... I'll probably give up actively anticipating/collecting each year's issues as they come out, and just pop them in a folder if & when I find them. No longer seriously attracted to clad coinage & their designs in my old age, or so it would appear. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file