Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What do you do for a living?!

Comments

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @Tom147 I was also a volunteer firefighter. Loved it.

Thank you for your service. It is very rewarding. Especially so since my son followed in my footsteps. He now has 19 years in. He just made asst. chief at our counties only paid/career dept.

That's awesome!!!

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@ironmanl63 said:
    Union Ironworker out of Chicago Local 63.

Hell yeah brotha!. I've been non union for two years but just signed some papers a few weeks ago and gonna be out in the field for the indy local 22 !

Remember these three rules and you should be OK.

1. Work is hard.
    2. Iron is heavy.
    3. Fire is hot.

Wise words from a Journeyman when I was an apprentice.

• Options

@bearcave said:
    Retired from law enforcement this year, started law enforcement in 1982, married a parole officer and she still works! Started collecting in the 60's, had about 1500 coins (and several hundred toned) stolen about 2004, got out at that point and got back into it last year. Ebay is not the same as it was when it started!😮

Thanks for your service!

• Options

@ironmanl63 said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@ironmanl63 said:
    Union Ironworker out of Chicago Local 63.

Hell yeah brotha!. I've been non union for two years but just signed some papers a few weeks ago and gonna be out in the field for the indy local 22 !

Remember these three rules and you should be OK.

1. Work is hard.
    2. Iron is heavy.
    3. Fire is hot.

Wise words from a Journeyman when I was an apprentice.

I'll take them In stride brotha

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife and I are very proud of all 3 of our sons, but it's nice to see one involved in the fire service. A highlight of my career was in 2013 when my son got to travel with me to the west on a wildfire assignment.
    After hearing all my stories and seeing my pictures he finally got to experience it. He hasn't missed a year since. Now if I could just get him interested in coin collecting.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    Dula

Dula (I know there's another spelling too) in the world of childbirth or dula from the urban dictionary? lol!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@SeattleSlammer said:
    Child Protective Services and the like.

Started collecting coins around 1998.

Cps often in my eyes get a bad wrap and you and many others like you have done alot of good for kids and families...
    I know unfortunately cps was involved in my childhood very often until I was 16 but they did alot of good for my life...
    So thank you!

You are both very much appreciated!!! I was both a licensed foster parent and I'm an adoptive parent as well :smile:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file