Home Sports Talk

The Bucs were 7-9 last year

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then Tom Brady happened.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Then Tom Brady happened.

m

Ya but it was all fixed , corona was part of the plot to rig this game too

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Then Jameis Winston leaving happened.

m

Ya but it was all fixed , corona was part of the plot to rig this game too

You don’t worry your bridge is unprotected, @bronco2078 ?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

My bridge has wifi

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2021 8:36PM

Brady has the highest winning pct of anyone in any major sport. The Tampa Bay Bucs have the worst winning pct of any team in any major sport.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a friend in Tampa and she told me it’s insane how excited people are over this

@perkdog said:
    I have a friend in Tampa and she told me it’s insane how excited people are over this

If we didn't win this year this is the next best thing I guess. Happy for TB

m

Is this 3 championships in one year ?

@bronco2078 said:
    Is this 3 championships in one year ?

Two. The Rays lost in the WS

m

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jamas Winston has a lot of talent, a commitment to hard work and a great arm. His problem was turnovers which killed his game. Brady made the difference.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

it took one man to give Tampa the confidence to win the SB. at least according to their head coach.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Brady has the highest winning pct of anyone in any major sport. The Tampa Bay Bucs have the worst winning pct of any team in any major sport.

m

I know that Brady went to Tampa because of the team that was in place. He made a great choice (for him, hurt me... ). But I remember thinking, when he chose the Bucs, about just how bad the Bucs had been and how it was almost like he was trying to really put himself in a situation where he was turning something around. Yes, the Bucs were primed to win. But we all know how the Bucs were seen and thought of. Really they were an afterthought. They had that SB win, but other than that it seems like they've been a punchline. He resurrected the franchise. My fellow Pats fans understand the weird feelings this brings. I'm definitely proud that he was ours and a Patriot.

edited February 7, 2021 9:30PM

Well, how the heck else did you think it was going to end?

sportswriter Dan Wetzel after the game

m

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tampa had many good receivers and a good defense last year. Their quarterback had 30 interceptions and almost as many fumbles. A star quarterback was the difference. I am not saying that another quarterback would have made the difference, but Brady certainly filled the bill.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    edited February 7, 2021 9:57PM

Bill

Tom Brady secretes confidence. He sweated it all over his team mates. Figuratively as I doubt he even actually perspires.

His leadership skills are second to no one in any sport who has ever played.

He has mad swag and his will to win is virtually unrivaled. Certainty no one has more

m

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only current athlete who is in the same room as Brady (10 trips to the Superbowl, winning 7 and losing 3) is LeBron James (10 trips to the NBA Finals, winning 4 and losing 6).

Bill Russell, from an earlier era, is also in the same room with 11 titles and no loses in the finals).

I am sure their are athletes from other sports who are similarly dominant (i.e. Edwin Moses, Michael Phelps).

@Justacommeman said:
    Bill

Tom Brady secretes confidence. He sweated it all over his team mates. Figuratively as I doubt he even actually perspires.

His leadership skills are second to no one in any sport who has ever played.

He has mad swag and his will to win is virtually unrivaled. Certainty no one has more

m

This is very well said.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, the only difference between the Bucs roster last year and this was Tom Brady GOAT?

WOW he's unbelievable.

I think we might need to get a ruling that from now on (at least on these forums) that we can no longer post the words "Tom Brady" with out the "GOAT".

I mean he's single handedly won every game he's ever played since birth.....................hasn't he?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady's importance to the teams he played for can't be downplayed. He is setting a standard that will be nearly impossible to duplicate. And he is not done yet.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish we could just go back to the old days when goat meant you choked during
    the game and caused your team to lose.
    I blame ESPN and all the talking heads who can't do anything to make a living except talk incessantly.
    There was actually a guy on the card forum who said he pulls against Mahomes because he is
    over hyped. Whose fault is that? Its not Mahomes fault. I've watched the NFL network where they've
    had segments on what Mahomes has to do to become the GOAT. Who the F cares? Just let the kid
    play football and try to enjoy it. I don't care if Brady wins 10 Super Bowls good for him but if
    Mahomes and the Chiefs win 3 or 4 I would be ecstatic. Heck I'm still ecstatic they won the SB last year.

Mahomes is certainly the most gifted qb in the league . His numbrrs were bad but he looked amazing making accurate throws with people draped all over him.

@bronco2078 said:
    Mahomes is certainly the most gifted qb in the league . His numbrrs were bad but he looked amazing making accurate throws with people draped all over him.

Some of those were amazing, I agree.

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Brady was the missing link for Tampa Bay. Man, a full year together with the receiving core, and you are looking at another trip to the Super Bowl. That defense was the MVP.

@GoDodgersFan said:
    Brady was the missing link for Tampa Bay. Man, a full year together with the receiving core, and you are looking at another trip to the Super Bowl. That defense was the MVP.

That would be amazing. Either way, I can see the team putting on an even better show next year.

if they can keep godwin, the offense will be better next year than this. kind of scary.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2021 2:02PM

Last season they came to L.A. and trounced the Rams 55-40. The Bucs looked good on that day. But.....the Rams were not very good in 2019. Still, 55 points ain't too shabby. At the time I thought they had a lot of potential for 2020. Little did I realize......

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2021 2:12PM

@JoeBanzai said:
    So, the only difference between the Bucs roster last year and this was Tom Brady GOAT?

No the difference was a Super Bowl victory.

^^^^this