Home U.S. Coin Forum

More stolen coins in shipping

13»

Comments

• 1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 1:53AM

In my country (Romania) , ebay ( with the global shipping) has a contract with GLS shipping company and they have the same guy who delivers in my area all the time. He has my phone number, calls me every time and NEVER lets any shipment around without me being there to sign. I give him some change, around 1 euro in value every time, he is happy, I am happy.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    WE only ship registered. WE pay for shipping but a few customers have been a bit annoyed by a 7-14 day wait for delivery.

Recently, WE had a shipment that left NY ..shipped to Arizona which tracked as still in NY after 14 days. We started to lose faith that the coin would ever be delivered. The customer was certain it would never show.
    Finally, my wife had to open two cases before she saw results. 25 days after shipping the coin was safely delivered.
    A new record for our slowest delivery but still 100% deliveries to date.

If it goes to Jamaica, New York you can expect a delay. Registered packages go there to languish for several days at a time. My CAC orders routinely go there and stop dead.
    Glad it showed up.

• jkrkjkrk Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes about half my shipments go through Jamaica. I expect a couple days of delay but 2 weeks?

As you say, I'm happy that the buyer received the coin.

Sometimes I think back to the old movies where a train conductor shouts... "last stop". Thankfully Jamaica has never proven to be that last stop.

Never had an issue with CAC orders. They go nonstop / express from NY. They generally show up within an hour after they leave NY. My wife rides shotgun.

• retirednowretirednow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    I think numismatic organizations that send things things that are obviously numismatic have a responsibility here.

For example, on some major auction house sites, they let you fine tune email delivery, but I don't see a way to block fliers and postcards with colorful photographs of very expensive coins on them. I'd prefer to not have those sent to my address.

I know some dealers had newsletters sent and I would call them and ask them to remove me from their mailing lists ( not their e mail list ) ... I had not tried with Heritage or Stacks on their consignments post cards but I think I will call them to see if they can remove me from those mailings ... the only issue is I still like the hard copy of certain auction catalog's - not all but some. I wish they could set up an email request system for delivery and have them spend money on only the ones I really like to have in my hands and in those cases I keep. Others are just fine by viewing just on the web. At least the packaging of the catalogs are protecting the contents.

OMG ... My Mother was Right about Everything!
    I wake up with a Good Attitude Every Day. Then … Idiots Happen!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 10:13AM

@thefinn said:

@jkrk said:
    WE only ship registered. WE pay for shipping but a few customers have been a bit annoyed by a 7-14 day wait for delivery.

Recently, WE had a shipment that left NY ..shipped to Arizona which tracked as still in NY after 14 days. We started to lose faith that the coin would ever be delivered. The customer was certain it would never show.
    Finally, my wife had to open two cases before she saw results. 25 days after shipping the coin was safely delivered.
    A new record for our slowest delivery but still 100% deliveries to date.

That's Registered for you. No tracking during transport. I refuse to use Registered Mail anymore with the problems I have had. Express only.

I suspect you will eventually regret this decision. There are only two shortcomings with registered - slow movement (due to added security), and it getting put in a USPS safe while in transit and forgotten about. Anytime tracking shows no registered movement after a few days, best to initiate an online usps query to get it moving again. Works every time for me.

When usps starts questioning one of its branches or distribution centers about a registered package, somehow the wheels start moving.

"Who needs risk management when you’ve got guaranteed bailouts? - Jesse Felder

• https://www.panews.com/2021/05/28/48k-in-gold-silver-coins-stolen-from-post-office/

I gave information to law enforcement that helped lead to the arrest of this individual. If any investigative agencies have any questions, I can be reached at 409-728-2507

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

A company that I do business with recently has had the following FEDEX experience.

6 out of the last 12 shipments have been tampered with at the Memphis hub.

Have a nice day

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file