Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk

Prediction: Rogers pulls a Favre and comes to Minnesota!

nickelsciolistnickelsciolist Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

What's the likelihood? I know, he might want to stay with a professional team, but the Vikings would be the next best thing...

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say he goes to the Rams if they can pull it off, Rodgers loves LA from what I’ve read

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything is possible, but he sounded like he cooled off after a few days. Looking for more money and the team to draft some play makers this year. And to tell you the truth, from what I infer about Rodgers' psychology, he wouldn't want to go the same route Favre did.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nickelsciolist said:
    What's the likelihood? I know, he might want to stay with a professional team, but the Vikings would be the next best thing...

Just what these forums needs, another troll.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@perkdog said:
    I say he goes to the Rams if they can pull it off, Rodgers loves LA from what I’ve read

Guess I was way off lol

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@perkdog said:

Guess I was way off lol

You and me both, brother!

• nickelsciolistnickelsciolist Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@nickelsciolist said:

Sir, I'm not a troll. This is a light hearted post, nothing more intended.

I primarily am a coin collector, and trade with others. I don't sell stuff.

Reputation is important to me. I would very much appreciate you acknowledging your mistake.

Thanks.

Calling my favorite football team not a professional team was an insult.

Why don't you just go back where you came from?

Thanks.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@nickelsciolist said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@nickelsciolist said:

Reputation is important to me. I would very much appreciate you acknowledging your mistake.

Thanks.

Sports Talk is a different animal, we all got our teams and stick by them and defend them with closed fists. I’m sure your intentions were not malicious but over here it is what it is, we love our teams! 🍻

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hard to take anyone seriously that doesn't know that it is spelled 'Rodgers' and not 'Rogers'

@perkdog said:

@nickelsciolist said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@nickelsciolist said:

Thanks.

Sports Talk is a different animal, we all got our teams and stick by them and defend them with closed fists. I’m sure your intentions were not malicious but over here it is what it is, we love our teams! 🍻

Well said

@nickelsciolist Please stick around.

Vikings Nation, please give nickels a chance.

He was just talking smack.

πŸ’ͺ🍻 (I don't drink, but @bronco2078 is buying a round of Shirleys for everyone)

@thisistheshow said:
    @nickelsciolist Please stick around.

Vikings Nation, please give nickels a chance.

He was just talking smack.

πŸ’ͺ🍻 (I don't drink, but @bronco2078 is buying a round of Shirleys for everyone)

Common sense and common courtesy dictate that you don't introduce yourself by ripping other people's favorite teams or players.

Then demanding an apology is pretty classless too.

Maybe that's how things are done on the coin forums, or maybe he thinks he might possess a sense of humor.

He might even turn out to be a decent human being.

Time will tell.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

one must possess a thick skin if they plan to post on this forum.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    Hard to take anyone seriously that doesn't know that it is spelled 'Rodgers' and not 'Rogers'

explain why the idiot spells it aaron instead of aron then?

because he sucks obviously

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

One rule I have always adhered to in order to get along and not escalate skirmishes. NEVER call an idiot an idiot.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the integration of Brady into the Tampa Bay system is as tough as it will be for Minnesota, they might think twice. Tampa had a great corp of receivers. Does Minnesota have the same?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    If the integration of Brady into the Tampa Bay system is as tough as it will be for Minnesota, they might think twice. Tampa had a great corp of receivers. Does Minnesota have the same?

Two time Pro bowl selection Adam Thielen and last years rookie of the year Justin Jefferson are pretty good.

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

Two time Pro bowl selection Adam Thielen and last years rookie of the year Justin Jefferson are pretty good.

The problem is Cousins not the receiving corps. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Are the Vikings still seemingly a QB away like they were when Cousins signed?

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Anyone that watches Vikings games knows the QB is not the issue. It was our Offensive Line, Defense and Kicking.

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

The problem is Cousins not the receiving corps. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

@thisistheshow said:
    Are the Vikings still seemingly a QB away like they were when Cousins signed?

I was in the "keep Keenum" camp.

After three years of Cousins, I think Cousins would be a fantastic QB if he had a O-Line that could pass block.

His arm is quite strong, and accuracy is as good as any QB out there, and he can even run a little bit, but he constantly has had VERY poor guards in front of him so the "pocket" is being pushed back in his face. Dropping further back would only make things worse, as the defensive ends would be waiting.

Kirk is not very good at "buying time" when the protection is breaking down and the line often looks more like a sieve, with defenders blowing through virtually untouched. He is often running for his life, especially in obvious passing situations.

Cousins' need for a good O-Line was apparent when he was at Washington.

If you are going to spend 20% of your money on a QB that has limited mobility, you need to give him time. The Vikings had to let go of several starters on defense last year, because they couldn't get under the cap.

Compounding the issue is the Vikings going to a Zone blocking scheme, smaller, more athletic lineman who can get downfield and block. The guards we have put out there are just to small to hold up to the "bull rush" of the new huge Nose Tackles.

Even the Brady's and Rodgers' have problems if they don't have time to set up and locate a receiver.

Okay...if I've offended anyone...please accept my apology. Just for the record, I am actually from Minnesota and I am a Vikings fan. I also very much respect the Green Bay Packers organization, and especially Aaron Rodgers.

I was poking fun at the Vikings disappointing outcomes in past years and did not mean to insult anyone.

As to being a troll...I can see how my comments might have been taken that way. Wasn't trying to do that, just having some fun. Obviously some did not find my comments "funny".

So again, I apologize if I insulted anyone or pissed anybody off. The Minnesota Vikings are a very fine Professional Football team. And I have enjoyed reading the many insightful comments above... but I agree, the QB position is not the key to that elusive Championship trophy.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nickelsciolist ... Thank you for coming back in that way. No harm done. It is difficult to read tone and intention on a screen. I mess it up all the time.

Keep coming back and chiming in. You'll get into the flow of things quickly.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@nickelsciolist said:
    Okay...if I've offended anyone...please accept my apology. Just for the record, I am actually from Minnesota and I am a Vikings fan. I also very much respect the Green Bay Packers organization, and especially Aaron Rodgers.

I was poking fun at the Vikings disappointing outcomes in past years and did not mean to insult anyone.

As to being a troll...I can see how my comments might have been taken that way. Wasn't trying to do that, just having some fun. Obviously some did not find my comments "funny".

So again, I apologize if I insulted anyone or pissed anybody off. The Minnesota Vikings are a very fine Professional Football team. And I have enjoyed reading the many insightful comments above... but I agree, the QB position is not the key to that elusive Championship trophy.

Troll comment retracted.

Figured you were a Packer fan ripping on the Vikes,

Thanks!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vikes have a lot of problems beyond just Cousins. It would be hard to imagine Rogers wanting to be on that team just for spite....... Zimmer is gone sometime within the next season as Vikes are going to get worse.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
    edited February 10, 2021 7:08PM

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

@perkdog said:

@nickelsciolist said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@nickelsciolist said:

Thanks.

Well said. I'm a relative newbie here compared to many, but I can say you have to have a little bit of thick skin. But this community is , in my opinion, not just a virtual imaginary group of buddies, it's real. And welcoming. I've seen some disagreements start, and I've tried to intervene like I would around some non-internet buddies. Online communication is a skill that we, as a human race, are learning. But it's worth it to embrace it. I live 2000 miles from where I grew up, in a state with no relatives other than wife and kids and mother in law. I have many generations on both sides in Massachusetts. Before I found this place, there was a huge something missing in my life. And because this place is important to me, I work at it and appreciate it.

So @nickelsciolist , please stick around.

And Viking Nation, please give nickels a chance.

πŸ’ͺ🍻 (I don't drink, but I'll toast with a shirley temple @bronco2078 is buying a round of Shirleys for everyone.)

Well said. I'm a relative newbie here compared to many, but I can say you have to have a little bit of thick skin. But this community is , in my opinion, not just a virtual imaginary group of buddies, it's real. And welcoming. I've seen some disagreements start, and I've tried to intervene like I would around some non-internet buddies. Online communication is a skill that we, as a human race, are learning. But it's worth it to embrace it. I live 2000 miles from where I grew up, in a state with no relatives other than wife and kids and mother in law. I have many generations on both sides in Massachusetts. Before I found this place, there was a huge something missing in my life. And because this place is important to me, I work at it and appreciate it.

So @nickelsciolist , please stick around.

And Viking Nation, please give nickels a chance.

πŸ’ͺ🍻 (I don't drink, but I'll toast with a shirley temple @bronco2078 is buying a round of Shirleys for everyone.)

@perkdog said:

@nickelsciolist said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@nickelsciolist said:

Thanks.

Ok ok jesus christ ill buy a round

@bronco2078 said:

Thanks buddy. I posted that a few days ago but it got stuck on approval a few times. But guess what ? I guess that just shows how important it was to say. And I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

edited February 10, 2021 8:18PM

@spacehayduke said:
    Vikes have a lot of problems beyond just Cousins. It would be hard to imagine Rogers wanting to be on that team just for spite....... Zimmer is gone sometime within the next season as Vikes are going to get worse.

Rodgers throwing to Thielen and Jefferson! Rodgers handing off to Cook? I think he might enjoy that AND sticking it to the Packers at the same time. I like Cousins fine, but I'll trade him even up for Rodgers. LOL

Cousins is not the problem. The guys playing Guard would seem to me to be, although Ezra Cleveland (originally a Tackle) might be good at some point. The offense (other than pass protection) is not the problem.

On defense they should get Michael Pierce and Danielle Hunter back next year. This should be a great help. Their linebackers should be fine (although they will probably not be able to sign Wilson if they keep Barr, another player who missed almost all of last year), and the new Cornerbacks look pretty good, although they are small. Harrison Smith and somebody will be fine at Safety.

I don't think Zimmer is going anywhere just yet. You really can't blame him if the defense loses 6 starters.

There's no guarantee Hunter will be the same when he comes back from major neck surgery. If he comes back strong he will really help the pass rush, while Pierce should help stop the run.

I think the Vikings will be much improved next year.

Rodgers on this Vikings team would be must see TV.

edited February 10, 2021 8:44PM

@thisistheshow said:
    Rodgers on this Vikings team would be must see TV.

LOL

I used to work with a hard core, die hard, Packers fan. His name was Joe as well. We would go round and round about "our" teams, until he would play the Brett Favre (I used to call him Bert Furvey) card. "We have Brett Favre, who do you have"? I would reluctantly give in, saying "He would sure look good in a Vikings uniform"!

Then it happened and it was an amazing year!

It could happen.............again.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2021 6:38AM

Well I grew up a Vikings fan (never lived anywhere near Minnesota). I gave up on them after too many disappointments. Then, one of my favorite underdogs became starting QB a few years back, had a career year, and led them to the Minneapolis Miracle, one of the most exciting plays I have ever seen. My faith in Vikes was restored until Zimmer chose Cousins instead of the qb that led them forward to their best year in decades. Cousins will never win a big game, and Zimmer is a lousy coach. Good coaches coach well and overcome losing starters, next man up, as they say. Having the right qb would have helped them these past couple years.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

@spacehayduke said:
    Well I grew up a Vikings fan (never lived anywhere near Minnesota). I gave up on them after too many disappointments. Then, one of my favorite underdogs became starting QB a few years back, had a career year, and led them to the Minneapolis Miracle, one of the most exciting plays I have ever seen. My faith in Vikes was restored until Zimmer chose Cousins instead of the qb that led them forward to their best year in decades. Cousins will never win a big game, and Zimmer is a lousy coach. Good coaches coach well and overcome losing starters, next man up, as they say. Having the right qb would have helped them these past couple years.

I wasn't in agreement with getting Cousins, I would have kept Keenum and used the money saved on other players. But if you go "all in" on a pocket passer who is not very good at avoiding the rush, you need to get an offensive line that can pass block.

I don't agree that Zimmer is a lousy coach, but he may be better suited as a defensive coordinator.

With the salary cap what it is, losing 6 starters on defense is going to be impossible to solve. Back ups are back ups for a reason.

edited February 12, 2021 6:29AM

We have a story up here in Minnesota about Sven and Ole', two Minnesota Swedes, both Vikings fans. One day they were out Ice Fishing and their fish-house went through the ice and sadly, they both drowned. To make things worse, through a clerical error, they were sent to Hell instead of Heaven, where all true Minnesota Vikings fans go when they die.

They were half frozen from going though the ice, so they gathered up some old bones that were lying around and built a fire to warm up. The Devil came by and, seeing them warming up by the fire, was puzzled. "You guys are supposed to be suffering from the heat! What's with the fire?" He asked. " "Oh we're Minnesota Vikings fans" ,they responded. "We've been half frozen all our lives and we love the heat down here!".

That made the Devil really mad. "So you like the heat and hate the cold huh"? Well see how you like THIS!!!", and he turned the thermostat down to minus 100. All of hell froze over.

When He came back to check on Sven and Ole' though he found his plan had backfired. Instead of being in misery, they were dancing ecstatically around their frozen fire pit shouting "THE VIKINGS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! THE VIKINGS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good one. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:

Thanks buddy. I posted that a few days ago but it got stuck on approval a few times. But guess what ? I guess that just shows how important it was to say. And I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Its the stupid draft autosave i bet