Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What color would describe this proof Lincoln?

Comments

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Magical Mystical Maroon and Beautiful Bodacious Blue.

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

I would say magenta.

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Mardi Gras!

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021 6:02PM

Toned primarily in deep pink hues on the obverse, with areas of orange-yellow and electric turquoise blue; reverse is a blend of the deep pink and turquoise blue seen on the obverse.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very pink

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nasty?

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic 1961 proof set toned colors.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

magenta, pink, blue, orange.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Toned primarily in deep pink hues on the obverse, with areas of orange-yellow and electric turquoise blue; reverse is a blend of the deep pink and turquoise blue seen on the obverse.

:) You don't actually work in the marketing dept. do you? :D You left out tangerine, raspberry, and subtle tones :D Trust me I've read a few and your description is not making me hungry :D

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grape juice.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Puce

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

.sold, I’ll by it Mark!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot pink and sky blue. I also see some copper in there.
    Very attractive in my book.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Magenta as per Wikipedia

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pastel

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if this coin was once owned by Ray Collins, lead singer and harmonica player of the Mothers of Invention. His favorite color was "nuclear magenta".

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colorado sunrise.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Pink purple tie-die

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Magenta ...Trust Me !

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I had my xxx in the grass, goofy grape was a popped smoke color. Nice. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@AlanSki said:
    Pastel

Pastel isn’t a particular color.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@coinsarefun said:

@MFeld said:

.sold, I’ll by it Mark!

Great, please send check for $4995 - no PayPal,or credit card at that bargain price. 😄

• Options
    Moxie15Moxie15 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Pelican Puke Pink

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if some of my old mint/proof sets that have been stored away for about twenty years might look like that. Probably not. If they are, I will need to eliminate them. Perhaps at a yard sale in the spring... Yeah, that's the ticket... call them my 'Spring Bloom' sets.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

enviable purple

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woodstock faaarout

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

fuchsia!

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like a Psychedelic light show. :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file